Jermain Defoe & Shaun Wright-Phillips

Guest microbar

Guest johnson293

Only thing I can find is on Tribal Football...  ???

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=74569

Ashley encouraged to bring Deco to Newcastle

tribalfootball.com - January 18, 2008

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan is in agreement with club owner Mike Ashley about moving for Barcelona star Deco.

Ashley has coveted the Portugal international since buying Newcastle and has been encouraged by the midfielder's admission that his days at the Nou Camp are numbered.

Keegan is in agreement with Ashley about Deco's star appeal and will seek to bring the midfield schemer to St James' Park this month - though an end of season deal is more likely.

Nowt on SSN about Deco.  Hope it's true though, was gutted I didn't get to use my song when we were last linked with him and nowt came of it.

Nothing on their site yet. It's on the nufc blog thoug, so it's probably rubbish.

Pretty pointless having Defoe.

it wouldn't make sense.

Fully agree.

+1

would rather that £10m go on a different position, i think we have a lot of variety up front (im including Smith in this as well). Would like the money go on the wing and CM to be honest.

Guest maznislav

Instead Defoe, I would love to see Elmander from Toulouse here. I think he is the type of player that we need as a striker ( If we need a striker) he is pretty much like Gudjonsen and he is 25. As for SWP, I would love to see him playing for Newcastle.

I honestly dont think we need a striker now, maybe one on loan like Saviola but no one permanent just yet, would rather the money went on midfilders, especially our right wing and a DM. Shame we missed out on Diarra, think he could of been just what we needed.