This is what kind of man we have (to some newer generation fans and outsiders)

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

When KK joined us as a player he bought trainees new boots and stuff and said if the club were struggling with funds to improve facilities he would chip in. When he joined as manager first time around he wasn't paid for a while and paid Terry Mac and other staff's wages out of his own pocket. He told Sir John Hall that if we went down, he wouldn't ask for any wages. He also said if it does go tits up, he'll buy the club off him or buy a share and give him a share of the spoils for his part. He actually wanted to own the club, to run it. He's as honest as the day is long and a genuine genuine man. A bloke I know, his wife works at some disadvantaged kids' youth centre, well years ago KK and NUFC paid for them to go to lapland (KK went to), and this wife I know is besotted with him and she's 50 odd. The women's bloke says he would step aside for only one man, KK :D He's a special bloke and I trust him 100% with our club because beneath it all, he's basically just like us, a fan. He has guts too. To admit on live telly he wasn't good enough for a country he served with distinction stands him out as a man with massive integrity and sincerity. And these things are just some of the reasons (to the outside world) why we all love him and wish him well. In my opinion him taking over again is him putting the club before himself and that is the kind of loyalty that drags thousands away on Boxing day, or keeps people going. Coming back goes beyond the call of duty.

Guest Knightrider

People said him coming to the steps to greet fans about the Cole sale was PR at it's finest, maybe so but the intention and desire to communicate with fans face to face was very real and genuine.

TBH this is a great moment for the younger fans amongst us (my two lads included); the start of another amazing adventure but also the beginning of the end for King Kevin. The end being success.

there's a reason why PR moves are made, it's b/c the maker is trying to imitate the genuine article.  so kudos to you for spotting that this is the opposite at work-- the genuine article being just that, and so looking like he's making a PR move.