One good thing...

Guest Knightrider

Couple of times we were nearly caught out by Given's lack of communication with his defenders, when they left it for him and he didn't come to collect it as expected.

You could possibly blame Cacapa et al,but seeing as he had the same problem before any of them turned up, I'll blame Shay.

Thought Cacapa was unlucky not to be given Man of the Match.

Thought he was class personally, yet he seems to unfairly have been given this label of a donkey by a lot of people.

Blamed for Portsmouth, even though two of the three weren't his fault.

Couple of times we were nearly caught out by Given's lack of communication with his defenders, when they left it for him and he didn't come to collect it as expected.

You could possibly blame Cacapa et al,but seeing as he had the same problem before any of them turned up, I'll blame Shay.

Aye, could have come and claimed the ball a few times when defenders were shepherding it back to him. Also, I know he made a good save at the end but I thought he should have claimed the ball when it was in the air just prior to that.

Thought Cacapa was unlucky not to be given Man of the Match.

Thought he was class personally, yet he seems to unfairly have been given this label of a donkey by a lot of people.

Blamed for Portsmouth, even though two of the three weren't his fault.

Taylor was equally culpable in that match. Lazy journalism just to label him (Cacapa) as another foreign flop / comedy defender at NUFC though even though he's barely had time to get used to ENglish football. Lacks a bit of pace and physicality but he reads the game well. Needs a big dominant centre-half alongside him. Wasn't really tested yesterday either mind.

Bolton were happy enough tohoof the ball 60 yeards to no one, wait for us to pick it up again and try an break down their flat back 8.

They didn't atatck much but at least what our defence had to do, they did it pretty well.

Guest Stephen927

It was good to see our defensive line pushed up. If you play deep for ninety minutes you more often than not invite too much pressure on yourself, your midfielders drop deep to close the gap and in turn your strikers are either left marooned or too deep.

Under Sam one thing we didn't see was our defenders having the confidence to be able to play the ball to feet rather than to head. Sometimes playing the simple ball instead of the ambitious ball to retain possession can help the team get into the game quicker and help to dictate pace.

A lot of positives to take out of yesterdays game.