Conspiracy theory

Guest Brazilianbob

Anyways on a more serious note, here in the States, everyone is saying that the quality of officiating is getting much worse, too.  I think the advances in technology are making the officials look worse.  It would make sense to take advantage of the technology as long as it didn't take to long to get the correct call.  Watching a replay challenge in American football can take an awfully long time.

You just have to look at why Juve were relegated recently if you doubt that refs can be manipulated..there have been other scandals i.e.in Germany about supposed 'fixed' results involving players and I have been told FOR DEFINITE by someone who was a well-respected coach in the Game in the 70s that teams in the English league DID throw games if they weren't either in danger of relegation or likely to win something...

Favours were done, so if you want to believe everything is always whiter than white in Football's garden, go ahead and believe it...!!

You just have to look at why Juve were relegated recently if you doubt that refs can be manipulated..there have been other scandals i.e.in Germany about supposed 'fixed' results involving players and I have been told FOR DEFINITE by someone who was a well-respected coach in the Game in the 70s that teams in the English league DID throw games if they weren't either in danger of relegation or likely to win something...

Favours were done, so if you want to believe everything is always whiter than white in Football's garden, go ahead and believe it...!!

I think it's more a case of people laughing at the ridiculous OP than believing corruption is impossible.