Keegan is

Guest K9

What a depressing thread. Doom and gloom all around. We knew the fixtures when BSA went the journey, we saw the football and footballers he brought to our Club. There was no possibility it was going to get better. It wouldn't have next season either, we have a team of demotivated 'stars' with the possibility of the bad run continuing for a fair few weeks yet.

KK didn't need to come here, he wanted to. Why, because last time we were so close to something fantastic we could all sniff it. The place was buzzing, players wanted to come to be a part of it. You know what? they will again. But, we need to get through this crappy time together. And I mean together. The press and most of the population want him to fail. Of course they do. For the press it sells papers, sells more advertising, makes money. Those pics of Newcastle fans with their head in their hands is manna from heaven to the scum sucking pond life. Other teams see us as an emerging threat. Yes, a threat because thats what we will become when Kevin and Newcastle United start to roll in the right direction.

Can Ashley support the change required? too bloody right they can. Is the structure in place? It's getting there, no doubt back room staff will come at the end of the season when they will be able to move easier. Does Kevin know what he needs? Of course he does. He did last time and has 10 years more experience to go with it.

So what needs to happen? Simple, we need to get to the close season in the Premiership. Thats it. Then change will happen.

How do we retain our status in the Premiership. We pull together and give Newcastle United the support we know we can. All of us. This is no time for argument, division, name calling and twitchy arses. No time at all. Do not allow the press and sniping coming from outside to get in at all. SJP has to become a fortress. A hostile place as it bloody should be. Players will then be in no doubt that they have a responsibility to play to their best with no excuses. Their best is better than at least 3 other teams in this division. Home points will keep us up and then watch things happen. This summer will be a fantastic time watching players come in to make us better, much much better. Home wins are what we need, anything away will be a bonus.

Let the outside world know we are truly, Newcastle UNITED. Let our Manager and Owner know we are right behind them in everything we say and do. Stuff the press, let them find stories else where. Get rid of these negatives and excuses. Newcastle United FC is far more important than that.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I fear that your voice of reason will be drowned out by the clamour for kneejerk reaction, but it doesn't stop your contribution being one of the most sensible I've seen here for quite a while.

:clap: :clap:

agreed.

Damn fine post, couldn't agree more.

:coolsmiley:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

As he says the press and nation want us to fail.  They want to say we've turned on KK, those stupid geordies.  Don't let it happen! 

The press wind me up.  "Talk of Kevin Keegan walking out of Newcastle again.  Well, you saw his body language after the Villa game.  Didn't look happy"

Well of course he didn't look happy!!!! For god's sake we'd just lost 4-1 and blown it, we don't want him to look happy!!

Guest Milburnthedog

Great post apart from the cringeworthy 'Newcastle UNITED'

Went a bit Johnny Woodgate for me there. 'I'm not racist, I'm Black & White'

bluelaugh.gif

I can't be totally perfect. My wife wouldn't like it.

Guest samantha1989

...the right person for the job.

He just needs TIME. I understand that there are a lot of people here who are fed up with waiting for us to win something.

But it's important that we give Kev time to get us back to winning ways, build confidence in the squad and not have some quick fix mentality.  :clap:

...the right person for the job.

He just needs TIME. I understand that there are a lot of people here who are fed up with waiting for us to win something.

But it's important that we give Kev time to get us back to winning ways, build confidence in the squad and not have some quick fix mentality.   :clap:

Keegan does need time, we need a quick fix.

Milburnthedog........cracking post, think you'll probably find a rejigged version of it in the near future in the Comical by one of our 'respected' journo's..........Rallying call to the Geordie Nation or similar

In regards to Keegan needing time. We, infact all clubs fans, will give any manager time if they can see or think that progress is being made. Unfortunately we've appointed the wrong man for the last three or so times, so by the time we've gone through the process of firing/hiring/giving them the cash and time to see what they can do/fire/hire we are given the label of being a bunch of trigger happy and petulant set of fans with unrealistic demands. Balls. No clubs fans would put up with the crap we've had to endure with these recent seasons without kicking up.

I think I read somewhere (no idea where though) that someone had worked out that for every bad season a club has it takes about 2 to 3 seasons to get back to where they were originally. Don't know if thats true, but its probably not too far from being right.

We're in for a long journey and while i'm not 100% convinced that Keegans still got it, i'm alot more comfortable with him in charge than our last lot of managers.

The end of the season unfortunately can't come quick enough for me, and unless we get either lucky with the teams below us or start winning games ourselves soon we're going to to have a very, very uncomfortable run-in to the summer.