Anyone go to Lisbon?

captainhaircut

My mate is a Bolton fan and is going to Lisbon for the upcoming UEFA cup tie. With their being no flights direct from Newcastle to Lisbon and with our lot traveling to Lisbon just recently, any help would be appreciated with regards to routes there. He's asked:

1- Did anyone fly to Faro and get to Lisbon that way and if yes, how difficult was it?

2- Did anyone take any imaginative routes that involved a connection somewhere?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Guest float one in

Been to Lisbon a canny few times, great place. I think last time i checked easyjet have stopped going from stansted which is a pity, but if you can get to london cheaply (megabus/national express/advance train ticket) you can get from Stansted to Porto on Ryanair iirc. Porto to Stansted is a canny distance but is just straight down the motorway, not too bad a trip at all (maybe 3-4hrs again iirc). I would have thought bus tickets from Porto to Lisbon wold be cheap as most things over there are.

You can get the train from the Algarve to Lisbon, takes 3-4hrs depending on which train you get and where you get on.

You'll be able to fly to Faro from most if not all regional airports for a not bad price.

My mate is a Bolton fan and is going to Lisbon for the upcoming UEFA cup tie. With their being no flights direct from Newcastle to Lisbon and with our lot traveling to Lisbon just recently, any help would be appreciated with regards to routes there. He's asked:

1- Did anyone fly to Faro and get to Lisbon that way and if yes, how difficult was it?

2- Did anyone take any imaginative routes that involved a connection somewhere?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Rub it in.

Good luck to Bolton though, they are doing really well in Europe.

O0

I went to Lisbon for the UEFA Cup Final in 2005 when I thought we might be in the Final. Aye well.

Trained it to London, got a flight from Heathrow direct. I think that's better than fannying about with Faro etc, might be a bit more expensive but worth it in the end. The stadium is great, the hotel was fantastic, great place to go to.