Lil Fucillo - New Chief Scout

Crumpy Gunt

NEWCASTLE United's new chief scout Lil Fuccillo has wasted no time getting his feet under the table.

The 51-year-old – who has succeeded Steve Walsh in the role at the club – has already been checking on two Championship prospects.

Bedford-born Fuccillo – formerly chief scout at Leicester City – was at Hillsborough last Saturday to see Sheffield Wednesday's 2-2 draw with Cystal Palace.

Fuccillo was understood to be watching Wednesday's 18-year-old centre-half Mark Beevers, and Palace's 17-year-old striker Sean Scannell.

Beevers – contracted to the Owls until 2012 – was this week called up into the England Under-19s squad, while Scannell signed a new two-and-a-half year contract early this year to ward off interest from a number of Premier League clubs, notably Arsenal.

Palace chairman Simon Jordan has slapped a £3m price tag on Scannell, who has represented the Republic of Ireland at Under-18 level.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/United-scout-tracking-Sheff-Wed.3910323.jp

That Beevers has been linked with us a fair bit. Seen him a couple of times and he looks decent.

NEWCASTLE United's new chief scout Lil Fuccillo has wasted no time getting his feet under the table.

The 51-year-old – who has succeeded Steve Walsh in the role at the club – has already been checking on two Championship prospects.

Bedford-born Fuccillo – formerly chief scout at Leicester City – was at Hillsborough last Saturday to see Sheffield Wednesday's 2-2 draw with Cystal Palace.

Fuccillo was understood to be watching Wednesday's 18-year-old centre-half Mark Beevers, and Palace's 17-year-old striker Sean Scannell.

Beevers – contracted to the Owls until 2012 – was this week called up into the England Under-19s squad, while Scannell signed a new two-and-a-half year contract early this year to ward off interest from a number of Premier League clubs, notably Arsenal.

Palace chairman Simon Jordan has slapped a £3m price tag on Scannell, who has represented the Republic of Ireland at Under-18 level.

That Beevers has been linked with us a fair bit. Seen him a couple of times and he looks decent.

I got good friends who are wednesday fans and they rave about him :thup:

With them going down (potentially) I bet he will go.

Tell you what though, its good to see us actually looking like we scout nowadays! :lol:

Guest LucaAltieri

I got good friends who are wednesday fans and they rave about him :thup:

With them going down (potentially) I bet he will go.

Tell you what though, its good to see us actually looking like we scout nowadays! :lol:

:lol:

I realise we must have done some scouting before but it is strange knowing that the club are looking around for good prospects. Just not used to hearing too much about it.

there's a story circulating in in the bulgarian press, that a scout has watched Nikolay Dimitrov from Levski Sofia.. he plays as a left/right winger, very fast, has a powerful left foot and an amazing dribble.. without doubt he's the most promising bulgarian player at the moment. He was on trial at Arsenal a few months ago where he has impressed apparently.. i don't think he can get a work permit now, but if true, it's encouraging that our new setup has managed to identify a player of his type..

there's a story circulating in in the bulgarian press, that a scout has watched Nikolay Dimitrov from Levski Sofia.. he plays as a left/right winger, very fast, has a powerful left foot and an amazing dribble.. without doubt he's the most promising bulgarian player at the moment. He was on trial at Arsenal a few months ago where he has impressed apparently.. i don't think he can get a work permit now, but if true, it's encouraging that our new setup has managed to identify a player of his type..

Bulgaria is in the EU no?

Bulgaria is in the EU no?

True, but wasn't there some sort of condition that there wouldn't be freedom of employment rights from the start?  I think there is a restriction of some sort in place.