Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Marca reporting that Barca have offered £35m for David Villa. (strange not needing to convert into £ anymore)

Barca would really piss on the Spanish League for years to come if they pulled that off. Dream transfer for them.

We should bid for Gudjohnsen if this occurs in my opinon. Barca would have a ton of top class strikers if this goes off.

Apparently Pompey are going to get Edu (former Arsenal) to replace 'Lass'

They'll be relegated within 18months.

They'll certainly be in trouble. :nods:

That's a poor replacement if it goes ahead.

Linked with Marvin Elliott too.

Marca reporting that Barca have offered £35m for David Villa. (strange not needing to convert € into £ anymore)

Barca would really piss on the Spanish League for years to come if they pulled that off. Dream transfer for them.

We should bid for Gudjohnsen if this occurs in my opinon. Barca would have a ton of top class strikers if this goes off.

Nah, we really shouldn't..

Marca reporting that Barca have offered £35m for David Villa. (strange not needing to convert € into £ anymore)

Nah, we really shouldn't..

We'd need to scout him in pre-season friendlies to make sure he's good enough. Even if he's signed for another club before we've had the chance to consider scouting him, it'd still be wise to scout him then ponder about making a move - better safe then sorry.

Gianfranco Zola has warned West Ham's board not to go back on their promise by selling his star players in the transfer window.

With cash-strapped owner Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson struggling to find a buyer to match his £250million valuation of the club, the vultures are circling in the hope of picking up a bargain in the January sales.

Craig Bellamy is a target for Manchester City, Matthew Upson has a host of admirers and Valon Behrami is wanted by Juventus, while Scott Parker and Robert Green are also attracting interest.

Additionally, Alan Curbishley, the man Zola replaced, is claiming breach of contract and constructive dismissal and believes he is entitled to £3million for the two years he had left on his contract when he quit in September.

Curbishley left after claiming George McCartney was sold to Sunderland without his consent.

The ex-manager also contends he wanted to keep Anton Ferdinand who, he alleges, had no desire to move to the Stadium of Light.

However, Zola insists he has no reason to distrust his employers when it comes to player sales.

But should they opt to sell some without his consent, then West Ham's board are likely to be on the look-out for a new manager.

sked directly whether he has been told he must sell some of his best players in January, Zola said: 'Absolutely not. As far as I'm concerned, the club have told me I won't be selling those players. I would be very annoyed if we did.

'The board have to give me a very good reason if they do that. The club have been very good to me and I don't think they want to make the team weaker.

'Everyone wants to make this project work. They're very good players and I'm not surprised big teams want them.

'As far as I'm concerned they're not for sale. I want to try to improve the team and that's the target for the January transfer window. 'I might be trying to look for other players to improve the situation, but I still trust these players and think they can change it.

'Hopefully they can do this and I'll stick with them. We're just focusing on what we have here.

'If we can't get the team to progress then we might consider getting someone else but until then we've still got a couple of games.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1101085/Zola-pins-hopes-West-Ham-selling-clubs-star-players-January.html?ITO=1490

With cash-strapped owner Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson struggling to find a buyer to match his £250million valuation of the club, the vultures are circling in the hope of picking up a bargain in the January sales.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1101085/Zola-pins-hopes-West-Ham-selling-clubs-star-players-January.html?ITO=1490

How the fuck can he have the cheek to try to sell West Ham for £250 million? :yikes:  Its worth about minus £50 million!

Guest Heneage

Gianfranco Zola has warned West Ham's board not to go back on their promise by selling his star players in the transfer window.

Craig Bellamy is a target for Manchester City, Matthew Upson has a host of admirers and Valon Behrami is wanted by Juventus, while Scott Parker and Robert Green are also attracting interest.

Additionally, Alan Curbishley, the man Zola replaced, is claiming breach of contract and constructive dismissal and believes he is entitled to £3million for the two years he had left on his contract when he quit in September.

Curbishley left after claiming George McCartney was sold to Sunderland without his consent.

The ex-manager also contends he wanted to keep Anton Ferdinand who, he alleges, had no desire to move to the Stadium of Light.

However, Zola insists he has no reason to distrust his employers when it comes to player sales.

But should they opt to sell some without his consent, then West Ham's board are likely to be on the look-out for a new manager.

sked directly whether he has been told he must sell some of his best players in January, Zola said: 'Absolutely not. As far as I'm concerned, the club have told me I won't be selling those players. I would be very annoyed if we did.

'The board have to give me a very good reason if they do that. The club have been very good to me and I don't think they want to make the team weaker.

'Everyone wants to make this project work. They're very good players and I'm not surprised big teams want them.

'As far as I'm concerned they're not for sale. I want to try to improve the team and that's the target for the January transfer window. 'I might be trying to look for other players to improve the situation, but I still trust these players and think they can change it.

'Hopefully they can do this and I'll stick with them. We're just focusing on what we have here.

'If we can't get the team to progress then we might consider getting someone else but until then we've still got a couple of games.'

It's really gonna hit the fan with them in January I reckon.

Pennant is an idiot, but on the same token, it's f***ing Real Madrid, why not ask for ridiculous wage demands?  They might just do it.

I love that they call him the "reserve winger"

I think he's getting more than 30K a week at the moment so why take a paycut then? Making the 1st team is even more unlikely at Madrid so I can understand his point...kinda

Sam Allardyce on not renewing Fowler's contract & dumping Winterburn:

"I spoke to Nigel and Robbie, wished them all the best, and a merry Christmas and a happy new year as well."[/b]

It is the attention to detail that Sam comes into his own.

Sam Allardyce on not renewing Fowler's contract & dumping Winterburn:

"I spoke to Nigel and Robbie, wished them all the best, and a merry Christmas and a happy new year as well."

It is the attention to detail that Sam comes into his own.

:lol:

graverson and diarra? its so unbelieveable it could be true.

I don't really understand the piss-taking re Diarra! He's a top class player, and is well on his way to becoming one of the world's best midfield players!