Other clubs' transfers

Dave

£15m? mackems.gif

£30m+ for Bellamy and Bent if that went through. You couldn't make it up.

Bent: goal every 2 game striker

Bellamy way too high though, people just make up figures i wouldnt believe that.  He has just returned from injury and is 29??

Guest mandakin

Bizarre transfer of the winter season:

Jermaine Pennant set for Real Madrid move 

JERMAINE Pennant could be set for a sensational move to Real Madrid – despite claims he may be on the brink of turning down the move over personal terms.

Liverpool accepted an offer in the region of £3m from the La Liga outfit yesterday and a deal could yet be completed if his personal terms can be resolved.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/12/24/jermaine-pennant-set-for-real-madrid-move-liverpool-fc-latest-100252-22545019/

This is by Tony Barret our local echo writer whose stories are normally spot on.

Guest quklaani

There's a long running joke on Redcafe about how Pennant is blatantly better than Ronaldo (all to do with a Liverpool fan claiming as such once.)  Apparently Real believe it to be the case...  :cheesy:

Guest The German

The spuds are after Bellamy?

He's worthless. Doing very much every game but just not scoring. We don't need a injury faker btw...

He'll provide them with a new dimension. I've watched him over the past few games and he's developed an awareness that was lacking earlier in his career. He's aware of how the defence is set-up and uses the spaces available on the park to a devastating effect teamwise. He makes even more intelligent runs than he used to and looks as direct and pacy as he ever did. Of course, the only question mark regarding him was his fitness and it remains so, but put him in a quality team (like ours?) and he'd be better than he was in his first term here.

Guest optimistic nit

He'll provide them with a new dimension. I've watched him over the past few games and he's developed an awareness that was lacking earlier in his career. He's aware of how the defence is set-up and uses the spaces available on the park to a devastating effect teamwise. He makes even more intelligent runs than he used to and looks as direct and pacy as he ever did. Of course, the only question mark regarding him was his fitness and it remains so, but put him in a quality team (like ours?) and he'd be better than he was in his first term here.

what are you talking about? ever since he signed for us bellamy's main talent has been awareness and making intelligent runs.

what are you talking about? ever since he signed for us bellamy's main talent has been awareness and making intelligent runs.

I'm saying he's better than before. Is this too difficult a concept to understand?

Guest kingdawson

I'm saying he's better than before. Is this too difficult a concept to understand?

:lol: :lol:.

I think he'd be a good signing.

Not a chance he'd be better than in his first time here. Not a chance. And I'll tell you the main reason why, Alan Shearer.

I've watched him over the past few games and he's developed an awareness that was lacking earlier in his career. He's aware of how the defence is set-up and uses the spaces available on the park to a devastating effect teamwise. He makes even more intelligent runs than he used to and looks as direct and pacy as he ever did. Of course, the only question mark regarding him was his fitness and it remains so, but put him in a quality team (like ours?) and he'd be better than he was in his first term here.

Honestly...... he is not half the player he was at his pomp at Newcastle you couldn't even say he has been a success anywhere else in comparison not too dissimilar to Laurent Robert in that respect.

He used to be so quick off the mark watching him now he looks to have lost a great deal of that explosive pace due to injuries I wouldn't dispute him however having improved with more intelligent runs but not a chance is he as destructive to defenses with his pace down the side of defenders as he used to be.

Regards him returning I would of thought he is far too expensive to be a 3rd or 4th choice behind Owen and Martins here, I think he would be good down at Spurs though if they are looking for a good foil for either Bent or the big Russian.

Sorry but can't agree with the bit in bold. The most significant question will always be about his attitude.

He's a timebomb.

Always has been, always will be.

Not a chance he'd be better than in his first time here. Not a chance. And I'll tell you the main reason why, Alan Shearer.

Teamwise? Probably not because of Shearer and others like Robert and Solano. But individually? From watching him play in the past 4-5 games, he's a more developed footballer.

I've watched him over the past few games and he's developed an awareness that was lacking earlier in his career. He's aware of how the defence is set-up and uses the spaces available on the park to a devastating effect teamwise. He makes even more intelligent runs than he used to and looks as direct and pacy as he ever did. Of course, the only question mark regarding him was his fitness and it remains so, but put him in a quality team (like ours?) and he'd be better than he was in his first term here.

Honestly...... he is not half the player he was at his pomp at Newcastle you couldn't even say he has been a success anywhere else in comparison not too dissimilar to Laurent Robert in that respect.

He used to be so quick off the mark watching him now he looks to have lost a great deal of that explosive pace due to injuries I wouldn't dispute him however having improved with more intelligent runs but not a chance is he as destructive to defenses with his pace down the side of defenders as he used to be.

Regards him returning I would of thought he is far too expensive to be a 3rd or 4th choice behind Owen and Martins here, I think he would be good down at Spurs though if they are looking for a good foil for either Bent or the big Russian.

I disagree with the pace remark and I do so having observed him burn Chelsea and Villa's defenders easily in only the past couple of matches. I do, however, think that his ability is now not dependent only on his pace and his dropping back into the space between the midfielders and defenders caused Chelsea a shit load of problems. That's why you don't see him sprinting away time and time again (because he's busy doing other team-beneficial things). With Villa, he was the busiest man on the pitch and picked up the ball right, left and center then drove at them with real determination. Honestly, even though it was a poor game in regards to the football played, Bellamy's class shone through.

LOL. He was superb at Celtic and Blackburn. Poor at L'pool and consistently injured at West Ham. He fucked up at L'pool granted with the Riise shit but the next game they both scored against Barcelona, away I think.