England vs Trinidad - Training Session Special

Shearer9

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7430548.stm

England coach Fabio Capello said some of his players failed to perform to their potential in the friendlies against USA and Trinidad and Tobago.

Capello's men recorded a 2-0 win over the Americans on Wednesday before travelling to Trinidad and finishing off the week with an easy 3-0 victory.

"I've learnt a lot over the last 10 days," he told BBC Sport.

"I have learnt some players are good in training but not so good when to comes to the game."

I'm glad he noticed.

what is jagielka doing here?

Saving the great white hope Joe Hart's skin?

Thought Jagielka did ok, not going to get picked ahead of the obvious ones if fit when it comes to qualifiers the but probably a safe squad member who'll not start crying because he doesn't get a start........

Think Defoe has really let himself down these last two friendlies.

He's a difficult player to assess. One minute, he'll do something that's very difficult, really well. Next minute, he'll make a mess of a simple situation. I wonder whether the problem is in his head, and whether he's one of the players that Capello has in mind when he talks about good in training, not so good in matches.

what is jagielka doing here?

Saving the great white hope Joe Hart's skin?

Thought Jagielka did ok, not going to get picked ahead of the obvious ones if fit when it comes to qualifiers the but probably a safe squad member who'll not start crying because he doesn't get a start........

Jags is very, very solid. Not much gets past him and he's the king of the last ditch block tackle.

Technically though, he's not much of a footballer and that will probably count against him in international football, the players who can bring it out  from the back and pass it a bit will get picked ahead of him- Ferdinand, King, Lescott, Woodgate.