Porto and CSKA Sofia thrown out of Champions League

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest Toon Saint

the next club in the bulgarian league (Levski) get the place, it has already been confirmed.

the papers in Italy published the story that Milan can replace CSKA in the CL yesterday, but that was denied by UEFA.

Cherno More (Varna) have scored for a UEFA Cup spot & Chernomorets (Bourgas) are now in the Intertoto Cup.

CSKA could be relegated to the 3rd Division.

Botev Plovdiv are also in danger of being relegated to the 3rd Division also for severe debts.

BG football is going to the dogs. :-[

Guest optimistic nit

CSKA have been kicked out aswell cos of severe debts.

so the way they've dealt with a club with severe debts is to kick them out of a competition worth millions to them? seems a bit stupid to me.

so the way they've dealt with a club with severe debts is to kick them out of a competition worth millions to them? seems a bit stupid to me.

Club was beyond repair from what I gather, doing a Gretna.

Club was beyond repair from what I gather, doing a Gretna.

the people running the club are criminals, of course they won't allow some transparent money-laundering schemes in the Champions League.. actually, CSKA's owner is Pramod Mital and it's not like he can't afford to pay whatever debts they have.. it's just that the club is a cover-up for more serious financial moves and criminal activities, which i won't bore you with..

The lesson here, children, is that if you're going to commit crimes and use an internationally known football club to provide yourself credibility, you have to go all out and do it on a grand scale.

Why launder a few grubby millions when you can plunder the national wealth of an entire people?

One gets kicked out of the Champions league, the other returns home in the Champs final a national hero.

You can't make this shit up.

Guest Toon Saint

the people running the club are criminals, of course they won't allow some transparent money-laundering schemes in the Champions League.. actually, CSKA's owner is Pramod Mital and it's not like he can't afford to pay whatever debts they have.. it's just that the club is a cover-up for more serious financial moves and criminal activities, which i won't bore you with..

It could get even worse, CSKA fans plan to 'disrupt' the home Champions League games that Levski play. :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Guest Jawesome

Fucking savages.  Ban their entire country from any involvement in football outside of their own borders tbh.

Guest optimistic nit

It's punishment for not being run correctly in the first place.

makes sense in that case.