How about....

We just leave football alone?

How about...

you suck my balls, buddy.

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothing but..... Okay! O0

Pfft, missed the setup completely.

Very disappointing. :(

Sorry :(

Would still favour the big boys though wouldn't it? Like it or lump it, the only way the likes of Wigan are going to do anything against a top four club is to defend. By not allowing you to get a point for a 0-0, you're basically stopping them from ever getting anything against these clubs, and the big four just get even further ahead of the rest.

How about....

How about...

Beginning to question the depths of your South Park knowldge to be quite frank, young Towelieson.  :angry:

How about....

How about...

Beginning to question the depths of your South Park knowldge to be quite frank, young Towelieson.  :angry:

I could see why you would question it after such a fuck-up, but let me assure you, my knowledge is deep and true.

Just let one player from each team take a penatly at the start of the game. 

The single pentaly  is worth a 3 goal start.

so a game could start as 3-3 or 3-0 etc.

Now, in the middle of a match, a team could gain a second penalty bonus for the second half.  again worth 3 pts.

THe second and third penatly can be gained by corners won during the match.

Also, to gain futher corners to add to a penalty bonus you could swap 2 throw ins for one corner.

Each team will play in body socks, goals scored outside the 18 yard box are worth 5 pts, goals inside 2, and goals in the 6 yard box 1.

If your goal keep comes out the box, he is sent off for two minutes.

The opposing team get a super sonic power play. Each goal scored in the power play is worth 1/2 pt

what do you think?

Just make the pointing system based on goals.

Sweden would have got 2 pts last night as they scored two goals.

Greece none.

Spain would have picked up 4 pts and Russia 1 pt.

It would make teams come out more and try to score goals.  Might get rid of these negative teams.

But that would mean that you could lose all your group matches 4-3 and go through at the expense of a team that won all theirs 1-0

More fool them for scoring less goals then the other teams.

Just let one player from each team take a penatly at the start of the game. 

The single pentaly  is worth a 3 goal start.

so a game could start as 3-3 or 3-0 etc.

Now, in the middle of a match, a team could gain a second penalty bonus for the second half.  again worth 3 pts.

THe second and third penatly can be gained by corners won during the match.

Also, to gain futher corners to add to a penalty bonus you could swap 2 throw ins for one corner.

Each team will play in body socks, goals scored outside the 18 yard box are worth 5 pts, goals inside 2, and goals in the 6 yard box 1.

If your goal keep comes out the box, he is sent off for two minutes.

The opposing team get a super sonic power play. Each goal scored in the power play is worth 1/2 pt

what do you think?

One glaring omittance - a 2 minute multi-ball session for each team, which can be called at any time.

8 balls are thrown onto the pitch at the same time and both teams have the 2 minutes to rack up as many goals as possible.

Now we're talking!

Would still favour the big boys though wouldn't it? Like it or lump it, the only way the likes of Wigan are going to do anything against a top four club is to defend. By not allowing you to get a point for a 0-0, you're basically stopping them from ever getting anything against these clubs, and the big four just get even further ahead of the rest.

Not necessarily.  If it's 0-0 after 70 minutes then the pressure is really on the big teams to throw caution to the wind and push for a goal, which gives the smaller teams much more chance of scoring on the break.  I'd say it would actually increase their chances of beating the big-4 not just having the faint hope of holding out for a 0-0.

I'd like to see the introduction of flying subs, the manager can throw one on at any time, when defending or a attacking. When the second phase of play behgins, he must leave the the pitch with in seconds.  Otherwise the other team get a power play.

How about...

When a game finishes 0-0, both teams get nothing. That way, you go into a match knowing that you have to score at some point or you're gauranteed to get nothing. Would stop teams going out and trying to smother the game completely. Score draws you still get a point each.

Would also lead to some exciting finishes when games are still 0-0 with ten minutes to go. You'd still have the occasional 0-0, in top of the table clashes and such, but they'd become very rare indeed.

Not a fan of the concept of rewarding teams for bigger margins of victory, because a win is a win at the end of the day and I don't like the idea of one team winning the league over another because they beat someone 3-0 while another team only won 2-0. But with teams going into a game knowing that they have to score at some point, I think it may be a welcome impetus for them from a viewing point of view.

That's actually pretty good. Like it.

Not particuarilly, one fundamental flaw. If they've got any sense, both managers will get together and let each other score, so after about 2 mins, each game would be 1-1.

The only bonus point system that has any mileage in it is the one you mentioned early scoring 3 goals (but only in victory as there may be some corruption if you awarded it in defeat too) or alternatively winning by a 3 goal margin.

How about...

When a game finishes 0-0, both teams get nothing. That way, you go into a match knowing that you have to score at some point or you're gauranteed to get nothing. Would stop teams going out and trying to smother the game completely. Score draws you still get a point each.

Would also lead to some exciting finishes when games are still 0-0 with ten minutes to go. You'd still have the occasional 0-0, in top of the table clashes and such, but they'd become very rare indeed.

Not a fan of the concept of rewarding teams for bigger margins of victory, because a win is a win at the end of the day and I don't like the idea of one team winning the league over another because they beat someone 3-0 while another team only won 2-0. But with teams going into a game knowing that they have to score at some point, I think it may be a welcome impetus for them from a viewing point of view.

Not particuarilly, one fundamental flaw. If they've got any sense, both managers will get together and let each other score, so after about 2 mins, each game would be 1-1.

The only bonus point system that has any mileage in it is the one you mentioned early scoring 3 goals (but only in victory as there may be some corruption if you awarded it in defeat too) or alternatively winning by a 3 goal margin.

Not likely, considering that this would be considered match-fixing to an extent.

Once somebody scores first then what exactly is their motivation to let the other team equalis? Given that neither manager would be stupid enough to agree to such an arangement on paper or on tape, there's no proof such an agreement was ever in place, and if there is then both managers are in deep shit.

How about....

How about...

I could see why you would question it after such a f***-up, but let me assure you, my knowledge is deep and true.

We shall see.

I'm going to design some fiendish tests for you, be on your toes. :pow:

How about....

How about...

I could see why you would question it after such a f***-up, but let me assure you, my knowledge is deep and true.

We shall see.

I'm going to design some fiendish tests for you, be on your toes. :pow:

I'll be up for the challenge!

How about...

Not likely, considering that this would be considered match-fixing to an extent.

Once somebody scores first then what exactly is their motivation to let the other team equalis? Given that neither manager would be stupid enough to agree to such an arangement on paper or on tape, there's no proof such an agreement was ever in place, and if there is then both managers are in deep s***.

It's extremely hard to prove (managers are hardly likely to send each other an email and cc the FA into it are they ? A nudge and a wink is enough, and easy to manufacture. The problem is it would also open up the field for every un forced error or bad piece of defending to be scrutinised, to determine if it was a set up or not.

Why bother ? Just gives those who are determined to prove there is corruption in the game more ammunition to do it.

Guest Jawesome

Or just make 0-0 games go to extra-time / penalties.  No team in the premier league who would try and hold out for 0-0 would be able to.

Well I think if the scores are still level at full time, we wheel on Titus Bramble, get him to drop his pants and bend down on all fours, blindfold both captains, give them a piece of string with a drawing pin on the end, spin them around 3 times until they are dizzy and award the 3 points to the captain who can get the closest to pinning the tail on the donkey !!