Away Tickets

iklgizmo

The top 1,500 fans in the existing away ticket loyalty scheme have been given the option to sign up to receive a full season's worth of away tickets automatically - with direct debit payments being taken only when each ticket is sent out - not as any sort of advance lump sum.

No additional charge is being made for this by the club ie. they will bear the cost of posting the tickets out.

However for any of those 1,500 fans who don't sign up to the scheme, nothing changes - they can continue to apply for and receive tickets on a match by match basis and don't lose their "place" on the loyalty scheme.

It then follows that anyone who doesn't qualify for an away season ticket won't be offered one if fans higher up the queue elected not to sign up for the scheme.

There's no closing date for people who qualify to sign up for this scheme, so anyone not wishing to do so now could join later in the season, next year etc.

We've asked the club how multiple applications will be dealt with to ensure fans sit together etc. and they confirm that people will be able to create a so-called "friends and family" group for this purpose.

As mentioned previously, the club have now dispensed with the traditional away ticket voucher application system and will now sell them online and via the phone to those who qualify.

In order for this to work, fans will be able to find out where they appear on the loyalty scheme list (each fan has a certain number of points), with the club then inviting applications based on the number of points.

Again this raises questions about multiple applications, logons etc. and the club will be addressing those in a future announcement.

dont know if i should do this or not, i was offered one but renewed home ST and didnt take them up on it, il miss maybe 2-3 league aways max, if i dont take it up does that mean someone outside the top 1500 gets offered a away season ticket or not. the way it reads is that theres 1500 places and they wont be offerd to anyone else as says you can change your mind at anytime as long as your still in the top 1500

if i dont take it up does that mean someone outside the top 1500 gets offered a away season ticket or not. the way it reads is that theres 1500 places and they wont be offerd to anyone else as says you can change your mind at anytime as long as your still in the top 1500

No - if you're in the top 1500 and that's all the tickets we get then if you apply you'll still get one. If say 900 of the 1500 take up the offer that leaves 600 available every game at least - of course we get more than 1500 for most games.

Seems pretty pointless tbh. If your in the top 1500 and you dont take up the offer than your going to beat everyone else to tickets anyway.

I slated the Away ST in another thread but the way that reads it's much, much better than it sounded. Fully prepared to eat my words!

I was offered one but I'm not taking it, as there's a couple of games a year that I miss, like Chelsea, the robbing bastards. I was concerned about the way they'd handle it but this is a total result.

They're offering to be more transparrent than ever and it's a much more structured apprach, which they've never done before. Knowing where you stand is much better than being left in the dark.

For those not in the top 1500 nothing changes really, there's not much to fret about. We get more than 1500 for most games and  the people who do take an away ST would have got the tickets before you anyway, along with anyone else in the top 1500 who applies.

They're looking after the fans who've stuck at it, which is excellent considering the way they've treated people in the past.

Well done NUFC.

Guest Heneage

I must admit I can't afford a season ticket but have been wanting to go to away games, to date ive done Brum. Its been so hard to get a ticket even on my mates ST, its frustrating really, I understand ST Holders pay alot, but it would be nice to give everyone fair whack.

Guest toonlass

Everyone does get a fair whack though, its the same as last season, just the people who have gone home and away (or even just away) for the last 10 years consistantly are getting the chance to pre-book their away tickets. There will still be the same chance for everyone to get an away ticket, just means that those who know that they will be continuing to go to all the away games this year can say so in advance and it cuts out the admin for them and the club.

Where did it identify on the renewal if you were eligible to take up the away ticket offer? I'd guess i was in that 1500 but can't remember seeing that confirmed. I used to be in the 800s and am probably going more often now maybe missing only a handful each year.

Where did it identify on the renewal if you were eligible to take up the away ticket offer? I'd guess i was in that 1500 but can't remember seeing that confirmed. I used to be in the 800s and am probably going more often now maybe missing only a handful each year.

It was in the list of options on the back - boxes for one years ticket/3 year scheme + club membership etc.

It was in the list of options on the back - boxes for one years ticket/3 year scheme + club membership etc.

Ta. Just assumed that was on everyones form. The number of familiar faces at most games seemed quite low last year so not sure how many will take it up, however the people who run buses will possibly see it as less hassle to get a block of tickets together.