Forget the Far East: why not try moving to the North East

Guest sicko2ndbest

I've been to Sunderland and it's a small, drab place which feels like it has nothing going on. No kind of buzz at all.

Liverpool, Manc and Birmingham feel like big cities and have lots of good architecture, shops, restaurants, clubs, things to do etc. They might not be London but they're still a world away from Sunderland.

I don't think you could have summed up the place any better tbh.

Sunderand town centre is still a shithole though, in fact most of that wearside area around the 'city' is. Durham is in contrast a beautiful city and Newcastle of course has a huge amount to offer. It's a shame about the weather because on a nice day Northumberland is simply spectactular.

The sad part for the dirty mackems is that selling the area is very easy as long as they don't take them into Sunderland :)

So true. Durham has a lot to offer and of course Newcastle now has a European wide reputation as a buzzing place.

It's obvious that mega rich footballers will avoid a place like Sunderland in favour of Durham and Newcastle.

Personally I don't like seeing Macum players in bars in Newcastle, especially when they're larging it. They play for Sunderland they should keep away from the place their supporters, the people who pay their vast salaries, so despise.

Guest rosstoon

I can say that the player he is talking about being 'ruled by his wife' is more than likely to be Chris Baird.

Chris Baird's GF would not let him join Sheff Wed a few years back so it probably is. His best mate lives in Amble.

Guest elbee909

sunderland has quite possibly the worst city centre i've ever been to

Probably true. Middlesbrough isn't a city of course.

Went there once.  It's a single street, isn't it?