The Shola Hip Injury Conspiracy

Guest thompers

Guest thompers

The only "consipiracy" i can see at the moment is the one where people have to make endless shite threads trying to find more and more ways to have a go at Shola!

Probably discover it's more of a dig at the club. I think my feeling on Shola are already obvious, but the 'shit thread' was just about the farce that is his hip injury. The 'conspiracy' jibe was just light-hearted banter of course, but on a serious note his hip injury is beyond a joke.

Off to top myself because Gejon insulted my thread..

The only "consipiracy" i can see at the moment is the one where people have to make endless shite threads trying to find more and more ways to have a go at Shola!

Probably discover it's more of a dig at the club. I think my feeling on Shola are already obvious, but the 'shit thread' was just about the farce that is his hip injury. The 'conspiracy' jibe was just light-hearted banter of course, but on a serious note his hip injury is beyond a joke.

Dont do it thompers  :lol:

After clicking the 'Report to moderator' link?

Guest thompers

After clicking the 'Report to moderator' link?

What for? He hasn't broken a rule?

Taking the piss out of your pathetic 'please, please sir! He called me a name!' antics. Weren't you banned for that recently?  tongue.gif

Guest thompers

Taking the piss out of your pathetic 'please, please sir! He called me a name!' antics. Weren't you banned for that recently?  tongue.gif

Well at least wait until a proper opportunity arises to do so without just throwing it in anyway, otherwise it's just not funny?

Guest thompers

Sorry? I've never used that link. It's for cry-babies tbh.

It's not, it's for reporting rule violations to the moderators? I'm not actually crying when I press it, where did you get that idea? Or are you just talking out of your arse? And trying to be funny? But your not?

Fuck. Are you even still here?

It's not, it's for reporting rule violations to the moderators? I'm not actually crying when I press it, where did you get that idea? Or are you just talking out of your arse? And trying to be funny? But your not?

Please sir! He called me a nasty name!  :lol:

Guest thompers

Where? I don't see any nasty names? Again, bringing something up that hasn't even occured? Is that really what you have to resort to in order to get your jibes in? :lol: That really is pathetic. The fact that you put a little laughing emoticon on the end when you're clearly the LEAST funny person on this board makes me cringe even more at you.

Where? I don't see any nasty names? Again, bringing something up that hasn't even occured? Is that really what you have to resort to in order to get your jibes in? :lol: That really is pathetic. The fact that you put a little laughing emoticon on the end when you're clearly the LEAST funny person on this board makes me cringe even more at you.

I'm crushed  :lol:

Guest thompers

I'm crushed  :lol:

Literally I hope.

Guest thompers

Perhaps the club actually really do KNOW he's shit.

Shola: It's preseason now can I have my op?

Club: No, we think it's best you have it mid season because, erm, you will heal better ;)

Plus Shola has never been this .... "good" (relatively speaking of course) so why get the op?

Honestly the way people go on about it is like we had VanBasten wearing our number 23 before. Shola's always been slow as fuck on the turn, and now people are saying "oh you could tell his bad hip was getting in the way" WTF??!! That would have to be a birth defect then surely! There is no difference between the bloke moping around now, and the one who used to do it before.

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

as other people have highlighted. injured or not shola is not good enough to lead the line for us.

what worries me the most is that there seems to have been a tide change and although he hasn't improved he now gets less grief and people seem to think he is worthy of a starting place week in week out, which leads me to conclude that:

a) he gets more sympathy because he is playing with an "injury" and therefore it provides an excuse for his poor play

b) our expectations of NUFC and the quality of the strikers at the club are now so low that Shola is considered a bright talent and our greatest hope infront of goal

As an aside, in a classic piece of Taxi driver ITK bullshit, the bloke who drove me home from the airport last Friday informed me that Shola is finished because of this injury and that the operation has only been put off because he is being sold in the close season. Slight flaw in his logic there.

Guest thompers

As an aside, in a classic piece of Taxi driver ITK bullshit, the bloke who drove me home from the airport last Friday informed me that Shola is finished because of this injury and that the operation has only been put off because he is being sold in the close season. Slight flaw in his logic there.

Nah, not if they aren't telling the new club that he's finished?

Ever heard of a medical?

Guest thompers

Ever heard of a medical?

Yeah, is that one of them things that Jonathon Woodgate passed?

I'd say if it's true Shola is finished because of injury and it's also true the club intends to sell him in the summer, in all probability he'd fail the subsequent medical at another club, if it were to take place. Especially given the fact they would be taking a very close look at his troublesome hip. Therefore, I'd say the taxi driver's logic was flawed and he was probably passing on some bullshit he'd heard down the boozer.

Guest thompers

I'd say if it's true Shola is finished because of injury and it's also true the club intends to sell him in the summer, in all probability he'd fail the subsequent medical at another club, if it were to take place. Especially given the fact they would be taking a very close look at his troublesome hip. Therefore, I'd say the taxi driver's logic was flawed and he was probably passing on some bullshit he'd heard down the boozer.

Taxi driver? Boozer? Drinking + driving? Are you insinuating something about that kind chap who gave you a lift?

Taxi driver? Boozer? Drinking + driving? Are you insinuating something about that kind chap who gave you a lift?

More flawed logic tbh, much like the opening post in this thread  tongue.gif