Players able to negotiate deals in January.

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

We have several able to arrange to leave, Owen, Harper, Butt, Cacapa, Ameobi and Viduka. Plus a handful of kids like Donninger, Lough, Donaldson and Godsmark. Seems stupid to be letting the young talent go and Owen, Harper and Viduka should have already had contracts tied up imo. If they leave we are never going to be able to replace them all in the summer.

Guest Stephen927

My understanding of it is that they're only allowed to negotiate deals with clubs outside of the Premiership, so unless Owen wants to move to Scotland, abroad or drop down a division, any new owners have that little bit longer to try and negotiate a deal with him.

I'd renew Harper's contract and maybe Ameobi, but thats dependant on the money available for replacements.

They can only talk to overseas clubs until the end of the season.

I agree that Owen's contract should already be sorted.

Viduka I would say let him go(too many injuries and his age.).

Harper is a difficult one as far as I am concerned, if we give him a new contract then we may lose the likes of Tim Krul, however if we let him go I am not sure that Krul etc are ready for possible prolonged runs in our first team.

The rest I would let go.

Owen and Ameobi are the two I would tie down. Harper I would like to keep but not at the expense of Krul. The truth of the matter is, I am not particularly bothered about any of them tbh, I would leave it to the new manager to sort out assuming the club is going to be sold.

Guest Jawesome

We have several able to arrange to leave, Owen, Harper, Butt, Cacapa, Ameobi and Viduka. Plus a handful of kids like Donninger, Lough, Donaldson and Godsmark. Seems stupid to be letting the young talent go and Owen, Harper and Viduka should have already had contracts tied up imo. If they leave we are never going to be able to replace them all in the summer.

:lol:

I don't expect people to trawl the forum before posting a new topic but there was already a thread for this subject: -

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,57386.0.html

Sorry  :-[

Not a problem. The original thread had dropped to page 3. My point in mentioning it was a lot of people's opinions on this subject are in that thread.

Guest michaelfoster

Let Cacapa, Butt, Ameobi, Viduka & Harper go

Harper is a difficult one but we need to start giving Krul experience otherwise he will end up like Michael Chopra