Mido chants to be investigated by the FA

Guest nufc_kev

Magistrates heard Hutchinson Senior, a Toon season ticket holder for the last 20 years, joined in with the chants after mishearing the lyrics.

He thought the song referred to Mido having a ball as opposed to a bomb, explained his lawyer, Chris Marley.

Fellow fans told him the chant implied Mido was a Muslim terrorist and he joined in, the court heard. Hutchinson, a yard supervisor, was then arrested.

He obviously hasn't heard the excuse that it's supposed to be about Richard Reid.

:lol: :lol:

Interesting parapgraph from the latest TF on line artcile

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/95C50E5A76D7797E802575200081A4D6?OpenDocument

I spotted a piece in last Friday’s Guardian on the national news pages about Oxford University’s U-21 Rugby team (look come back, this might be interesting). It transpires Oxford’s rugger boys (I can’t imagine a group of people I’d less like to be in the company of) are being sent on some diversity training following one of the jolly knees ups they had organised. It seems the cream of the nation’s youth had organised a party called the Safari Bop at which several members of the team turned up blacked up – you know, like the natives/savages etc. A week earlier there had been another party which exhorted those boys and gels to “bring a fit Jew” party. At that party the rugger chaps had turned up dressed as orthodox Jews with sidelocks. Some dressed up in this way were spotted carrying bags of pretend money in a portrayal of Jewish people, which would have done Josef Goebbels proud. Now, being as I’d be handed a mop and bucket if I turned up at Oxford University, I have little idea as to what passes for jolly japes in varsity life but this all seems, to me, well, a wee bit suspect. I’ve read the article several times and nowhere in it does the journalist (Jessica Shepherd – nah, she can’t be) name any of the students. Neither does anyone of the respected bodies she interviews call for any of the students to be banned or expelled or whatever it’s called when Oxford University bins someone off for being a prick. And neither should they. No-one deserves to have their life ruined by this kind of stupidity but (you know where I’m going with this don’t you?) I can’t help but contrast this coverage with the mentality of the people who pursued two Mags for the complete over-reaction to the “Mido, he’s got a bomb, Mido” chants at Boro. Two, by all accounts, decent lads have had to be put through the trauma of arrest, court cases, fines (by all account minimal and tokenist which acknowledges, in my opinion, the complete bollocks of the so-called offences) and having the spotlight of publicity placed upon them with a press photographer waiting outside of a court for one of the lads – a Mag who if information is correct, is an upstanding pillar of the community, a hard working man who has held a season ticket without reprimand for twenty years. It f***ing stinks – what chance have you got against a tie and a crest? The RFU have not been exhorted to ban these jolly good chaps from playing the game, their academic careers will continue unblemished but they will have to go on a diversity course. Compare and contrast.

Magistrates heard Hutchinson Senior, a Toon season ticket holder for the last 20 years, joined in with the chants after mishearing the lyrics.

He thought the song referred to Mido having a ball as opposed to a bomb, explained his lawyer, Chris Marley.

Fellow fans told him the chant implied Mido was a Muslim terrorist and he joined in, the court heard. Hutchinson, a yard supervisor, was then arrested.

He obviously hasn't heard the excuse that it's supposed to be about Richard Reid.

Or he was advised that the court would be to pig ignorant to realise that taking the piss out of someone for looking like someone else isn't actually racist.  Much better to steer clear of the whole mine field and just go with an absolutely absurd excuse that can't possibly be construed as racism by narrow minded idiots.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/95C50E5A76D7797E802575200081A4D6?OpenDocument

I spotted a piece in last Friday?s Guardian on the national news pages about Oxford University?s U-21 Rugby team (look come back, this might be interesting). It transpires Oxford?s rugger boys (I can?t imagine a group of people I?d less like to be in the company of) are being sent on some diversity training following one of the jolly knees ups they had organised. It seems the cream of the nation?s youth had organised a party called the Safari Bop at which several members of the team turned up blacked up ? you know, like the natives/savages etc. A week earlier there had been another party which exhorted those boys and gels to ?bring a fit Jew? party. At that party the rugger chaps had turned up dressed as orthodox Jews with sidelocks. Some dressed up in this way were spotted carrying bags of pretend money in a portrayal of Jewish people, which would have done Josef Goebbels proud. Now, being as I?d be handed a mop and bucket if I turned up at Oxford University, I have little idea as to what passes for jolly japes in varsity life but this all seems, to me, well, a wee bit suspect. I?ve read the article several times and nowhere in it does the journalist (Jessica Shepherd ? nah, she can?t be) name any of the students. Neither does anyone of the respected bodies she interviews call for any of the students to be banned or expelled or whatever it?s called when Oxford University bins someone off for being a prick. And neither should they. No-one deserves to have their life ruined by this kind of stupidity but (you know where I?m going with this don?t you?) I can?t help but contrast this coverage with the mentality of the people who pursued two Mags for the complete over-reaction to the ?Mido, he?s got a bomb, Mido? chants at Boro. Two, by all accounts, decent lads have had to be put through the trauma of arrest, court cases, fines (by all account minimal and tokenist which acknowledges, in my opinion, the complete bollocks of the so-called offences) and having the spotlight of publicity placed upon them with a press photographer waiting outside of a court for one of the lads ? a Mag who if information is correct, is an upstanding pillar of the community, a hard working man who has held a season ticket without reprimand for twenty years. It f***ing stinks ? what chance have you got against a tie and a crest? The RFU have not been exhorted to ban these jolly good chaps from playing the game, their academic careers will continue unblemished but they will have to go on a diversity course. Compare and contrast.

Great! So it's fine if a crowd of people start chanting bigoted shite at a public event, because a bunch of fuckwitted toffs at Oxford have politically incorrect fancy-dress parties.

I spotted a piece in last Friday?s Guardian on the national news pages about Oxford University?s U-21 Rugby team (look come back, this might be interesting). It transpires Oxford?s rugger boys (I can?t imagine a group of people I?d less like to be in the company of) are being sent on some diversity training following one of the jolly knees ups they had organised. It seems the cream of the nation?s youth had organised a party called the Safari Bop at which several members of the team turned up blacked up ? you know, like the natives/savages etc. A week earlier there had been another party which exhorted those boys and gels to ?bring a fit Jew? party. At that party the rugger chaps had turned up dressed as orthodox Jews with sidelocks. Some dressed up in this way were spotted carrying bags of pretend money in a portrayal of Jewish people, which would have done Josef Goebbels proud. Now, being as I?d be handed a mop and bucket if I turned up at Oxford University, I have little idea as to what passes for jolly japes in varsity life but this all seems, to me, well, a wee bit suspect. I?ve read the article several times and nowhere in it does the journalist (Jessica Shepherd ? nah, she can?t be) name any of the students. Neither does anyone of the respected bodies she interviews call for any of the students to be banned or expelled or whatever it?s called when Oxford University bins someone off for being a prick. And neither should they. No-one deserves to have their life ruined by this kind of stupidity but (you know where I?m going with this don?t you?) I can?t help but contrast this coverage with the mentality of the people who pursued two Mags for the complete over-reaction to the ?Mido, he?s got a bomb, Mido? chants at Boro. Two, by all accounts, decent lads have had to be put through the trauma of arrest, court cases, fines (by all account minimal and tokenist which acknowledges, in my opinion, the complete bollocks of the so-called offences) and having the spotlight of publicity placed upon them with a press photographer waiting outside of a court for one of the lads ? a Mag who if information is correct, is an upstanding pillar of the community, a hard working man who has held a season ticket without reprimand for twenty years. It f***ing stinks ? what chance have you got against a tie and a crest? The RFU have not been exhorted to ban these jolly good chaps from playing the game, their academic careers will continue unblemished but they will have to go on a diversity course. Compare and contrast.

Great! So it's fine if a crowd of people start chanting bigoted s**** at a public event, because a bunch of fuckwitted toffs at Oxford have politically incorrect fancy-dress parties.

I thunk he was pointing out the double standards.