Antonio Cassano, the rebel genius

AyeDubbleYoo

Guest s0ftcore

And what about the self-indulgence? Cassano loves football, but he also loves sex and food. He says he has slept with some “600 to 700” women, which, given that he is 26, is quite a feat. However, now that he plans to get married, he’ll presumably never match the late Wilt Chamberlain, the legendary basketball star, who claims that he had 20,000 sexual partners, which works out at just over one a day from the age of 15.

“I spent the first 17 years of my life dirt-poor,” said Cassano, who was raised by a single mother in one of the most crime-ridden neighbourhoods in Italy and said he is certain that had it not been for football, he would have become a hoodlum. “Then I spent nine years living the life of a millionaire. That means I need another eight years living the way I do now and then I’ll be even.”

600-700 women in the span of 9 years. Damn.

Wilt Chamberlain is a cunt.

Guest diddimz

Lets be honest, even with him giving 50% he would still do a good job for us.Have to say found his honesty a nice change as well from the usual bs most footballers spiel off.

Some striking comments but I think a lot of the bold bit is true.

And I guess you have to accept his honesty - he's most likely speaking for a fair few players in the world.

No offence but thats utter tripe.

ANY club, INCLUDING those winning all the time talk of all matches not just the ones where they won trophies.

Names are remembered, and incidents grow in the telling.

I think he meant it in a general sense, i.e. names in the public domain, not just those specifically following football. In a sense I think he's putting football into context of the wider society.

And no, I don't like his attitude one bit. My point is it's refreshing to see someone be blunt about it, something most footballers are afraid to be.

George Best didnt give it his all, he was still a f***ing good footballer though. Cassano of the same ilk, but lower on the scale. He should be giving 100% but if he reckons he can still do his job giving 50% then power to him, sad thing is that it probably wont come back to haunt him.

I agree, he's a daft young lad who is enjoying the trappings of being a pro footballer.

When he retires I'm sure he'll look back and think he could have done a lot more.