Central defenders.....who we could have bought?

Incognito

no way canavarro would ever have come here - lets leave it at that shall we...

the one obvious is sol campbell - i honestly think we would have been five places higher in the table if we'd signed him

and i still think that letting woody go to boro was a mistake too...

Guest Ridzuan

the one obvious is sol campbell - i honestly think we would have been five places higher in the table if we'd signed him

I agree that we should have gone for Campbell.But letting Woody go to Boro? I think he made that decision himself didnt he?

Talking about future buys... "Barragan" is a great and young defender (now plays in Deportivo de la Coruña) and "Ayala" wants to leave Valencia F.C. (maybe too old, but till 35 he will play strongly).

Barragan won't be going anywhere for 2 years. Liverpool have a buy back clause that is triggered at the end of his second season at Depor. By which time he either comes back, or gets sold for more money. Probably the latter.

Word  :thup:

Sol Campbell - Free with huge signing on fee.

Joleon Lescott - £2 million with further 1 milllion depending on his appearance. Talented defender with concentration problem. Partnership of him and Bramble, or him and Taylor is a bomb waiting to explode. A huge risk for us, but not for any other club.

Jonathan Woodgate - Free. Excellent defender, too injury prone. Him playing on our cursed pitch (or simply bad physio service) represents a massive risk to us, because he won't be able to play often.

To me apart from Campbell, I won't buy any of the other 2.