It's Early Days Yet, But...

Crumpy Gunt

I agree its important not to stay too long in this league (obviously :)).  We won't end up like Reading, Sheffield Wed or Palace like but we'll start to edge closer to their kind of quality the longer we stay and that's definitely something I don't want to see.

The thing is we were among the shittest of what I think was a shit league last year and now the same shit players (minus the only good ones we had) look a lot better than the other teams in the league - which must therefore be shit.

No wonder so many promoted teams have struggled - I used to think the "gulf" was a myth but not any more.

A players ability doesnt stay static. Its worse opposition yeah but theyre also just playing better themselves.

A lot of the pressure is gone & confidence comes in, you see more of what theyre capable of.

Guest Stephen927

Also, the longer we stay in this league and progressively get worse, the harder it will be to stay up if (when) we are promoted.

Also, the longer we stay in this league and progressively get worse, the harder it will be to stay up if (when) we are promoted.

We'll be a worse side and less attractive to new players if we've been in the Championship for many years that's for sure.  Though looking on the bright side we'd have an extremely low wage bill which would afford us large sums of money to build a good team that isn't full of massively overpaid old cunts.

Guest Stephen927

We'll be a worse side and less attractive to new players if we've been in the Championship for many years that's for sure.  Though looking on the bright side side we'd have an extremely low wage bill which would afford us large sums of money to build a good team that isn't full of massively overpaid old c***s.

True. I am perhaps not giving enough emphasis to the draw of this football club for players at this level. Once we're sorted out with a new owner (oh theres that positivity thing again, it's a killer) and on our feet I can see us basically having the pick of the players we can afford (with their specially inflated prices just for us).

If it's a choice between us and Boro, most if not all would come here unless they were unfortunate to be a mutant from birth.

When you look at the standard of opposition we've played so far you see the need to not stagnate in this League. Reading, Sheff W and Palace a shining example of what we will become if we don't get out of it in one go.

Its an extremely poor league which we should win comfortably.

Guest Phil K

The difference between "should" and "did" is measured in lightyears at NUFC.

When you look at the standard of opposition we've played so far you see the need to not stagnate in this League. Reading, Sheff W and Palace a shining example of what we will become if we don't get out of it in one go.

I take it you're considering the great depth of squad we have when you so confidently make that statement?