Reflecting on Protests/Demonstrations

kane2005

Guest ToonBart

There's lots that could and should be being done but to the shame of NUST isn't.

The city wants them out, the fans want him out and I would guess most reporters want him out.

We should bombarding him with a clever pr offensive that will keep him in the news as a laughing stock. While there's is little else that would make sense to do, this would be free and chip chip away at him.

Walks into various business meetings and there on a coffee table are pictures mocking him.

Think Taylor the turnip.

Papers cry out for this sort of stuff.

Let's all start listing some ideas that the NUST lads can work on rather than this yes you can thing.

Re-name a local sewage plant the llambias plant.

Get kids to wear Ashley, llambias, wise masks this halloween instead of Dracula / monsters

who's going on the bonty?

Guest Chris P

A big problem is that getting rid of Ashley has become an end in itself to some people. If a new owner can't afford to invest any more than Ashley, it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Really?  You don't think it would be nice to have an owner who'll hire a manager for the long term, who won't sell our best youngsters and will actually put some effort into the running the club?

With Ashley is charge everything is going to be centered around clawing his money back, give me Barry Moat over Ashley any day of the week.

but we havent sold any youngsters. and we're top of the league. Ashley out

A big problem is that getting rid of Ashley has become an end in itself to some people. If a new owner can't afford to invest any more than Ashley, it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Really?  You don't think it would be nice to have an owner who'll hire a manager for the long term, who won't sell our best youngsters and will actually put some effort into the running the club?

With Ashley is charge everything is going to be centered around clawing his money back, give me Barry Moat over Ashley any day of the week.

The only things we know about Moat's interest is that he's struggled to get the money together, and he's reliant on outside funding. We should also consider that his backers may well be expecting to get a return on their investment. I can't see any reason to see Barry Moat as a golden opportunity. The days of successful big clubs being in the hands of enthusiastic local businessmen are gone.

I just feel that a lot of this anti-Ashley stuff is fuelled by anger rather than common sense. It's like people want to punish him.

Protests and boycotts are definitely the way forward. I mean, look what success they had last year.... :lol:

- Not going to the matches, not buying anything in the shops or in Shearers etc. will not have an ounce of effect. All it will do is damage the club.

- Not buying anything from his Sports Direct stores will put a dint in its income at the most

- Protests and chanting will hardly make him quiver with fear when lying in the dark at night

All we can do is ride it out. The end will come sometime.

Do you honestly believe that stopping away from the matches and club shops will have no effect  ?

These days Clubs are a business and like any business if the customers stay away then business suffers, How long do you think it will take Ashley to either sell or possibly look at administration if the club is crippling him finacially ?

I don't buy the we can do nothing stance, We as fans, as a collective can do anything we want.

I'm not saying the fans can't, they can do whatever the hell they like. The effect just won't be as great as many think it will.

And on the not going to match thing, it will hurt us (as a team, on the pitch) long before it hurts Ashley IMO. I reckon he can go longer without a few seats being filled than our team can go without support.