For those on the 3 year direct debit

Scottish Mag

Last January I emailed the club in regards to if I could cancel my 3 year agreement due to a mixture of what we could see Ashley was doing to the club (and we were right) and the amount of games that had been getting moved last minute etc fucking it up for people like myself in regards to booking trains. 

As most of us know we had the option to opt out.

"We will be happy to cancel your 2 year agreement, you will need to contact the Box Office on 0191 2611571 where an operator can do this for you. You will need to pay the difference between the freeze price and the standard 1 year price"

I ended up keeping my ticket on, like many, however as people are now discussing boycotts, protests and what other ways we can let Ashley know how we feel I have now emailed them asking if we can still cancel this agreement and get out of next years ticket, they have sent a quick reply of

"Hello,

You can cancel your agreement once your November payment has been taken. However you will still need to pay the difference from the first season of £49.

Kind regards"

Not much use to the lads who paid up front, but for those who are in the position to do this, the option is there.

Paid the 3 years up front. Was always gunna renew anyway, might as well just get it out the way. Got too many away points to throw away by not renewing as well at the end of next season

I waited a LONG time for my season ticket and as much as I hate Ashley I love the club am keeping mine.

Aye but even if you cancelled it now you would still get the option to renew come the end of the season.

I don't know how many season tickets currently are in the position they could do this, but if it is a large number, Ashly not seeing this money not going straight into Ashleys pocket each month will be a big blow for him.

Guest Roger Kint

Paid the 3 years up front. Was always gunna renew anyway, might as well just get it out the way. Got too many away points to throw away by not renewing as well at the end of next season

My reasoning too. To be fair relegation wasnt exactly part of the plan.

In previous threads on this same topic I have said the same thing as this;

We have been in far worse positions in previous years and we will be in much better positions in the future.  Going to the match is part of my life and I will support Newcastle regardless of who the players are, who the manager is and who the owners are.

Not a supafan, just a regular fan.

The only reason I would stop going would be if I really couldn't find the money to pay for the ticket.  I will go and continue to go for as long as I have the cash to do so.

You can cancel your agreement once your November payment has been taken. However you will still need to pay the difference from the first season of £49.

Kind regards"

This is going to be fun.  :rolleyes:

They wasnt £49 as they did with others at the end of last season as they believe we got a price freeze/discount in year 1 of the 3 year deal when taking this deal in the summer of 2008.  However I took them up on their free cup tickets deal for the 08/09 in the August of 2007 so I had actually paid for year 1 before they gave me this so called discount.

I have replied to them stating this and explaining I will not be paying the £49 but I just know its going to be a nightmare to get sorted.