Nicky Butt fears this could be his last season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

i bet he'll still be voted motm every goddamn week even after he retires

When did he last get voted MOTM? ???

Sheff Wed away he was MOTM in the Times

No way should he get a new contract, those wages are criminal n all. Three midfielders who aren't first choice on 50k or more, no wonder the wage bill is skyhigh

Guest Roger Kint

Sheff Wed away he was MOTM in the Times

Ok i stand corrected, 1 game from 1 paper out of how many? Yeah that makes gekkotime 100% right i guess ;D

If he's on £50k per week then how exactly can Ashley et al moan about the wage bill? They signed off that new contract in February 2009 when Joe Kinnear was in charge.

Oh, that's right. They thought we were going to finish sixth.

i don't have the numbers sir but iirc he was voted motm a dozen times by various sources when he was absolutely crap in the last 1-2 years

it pisses me off ass well when commentators praise him to no end while he doesn't seem to be able to pass the ball to someone in black and white 8 out of 10 times

Guest Roger Kint

i don't have the numbers sir but iirc he was voted motm a dozen times by various sources when he was absolutely crap in the last 1-2 years

it pisses me off ass well when commentators praise him to no end while he doesn't seem to be able to pass the ball to someone in black and white 8 out of 10 times

So none of them official MOTM, every game has about 10 sources of review man. How many is that over 2 years? ;D

I'm sure he made noises about it possibly being his last season playing football at the end of last season. Anyway, no way will Ashley extend his £50K a week contract. Butt is no longer an automatic choice in the starting 11 when we're in the Championship so if we get promoted there would be even less chance of him getting a game (assuming we get some new players for the Premiership).

Can't really blame Butt for hanging around when we are giving him the opportunity at 50k a week, but it's a fact that any club that is offering contracts to old has beens like him deserve relegation and derision. He wouldn't be allowed to clean the windows at clubs like Arsenal or even tottenham. His presence here is an indictment of the state we are in.

Our entire wage bill problem and our poor performance on the pitch could so easily have been nipped in the (pardon the pun) if we'd sorted this out when his last contract ran out.

Preferably sorted with a bolt gun and an abandoned river-side.

Our entire wage bill problem and our poor performance on the pitch could so easily have been nipped in the (pardon the pun) if we'd sorted this out when his last contract ran out.

Preferably sorted with a bolt gun and an abandoned river-side.

Pretty sure this 1 year extension was an automatic extension triggered by him playing 19 games last season.

Prediction: In October of 2012, this thread will be bumped after a match with a simple comment.

"f*** off, you daft ginger t***."

Why? Because Butt will have said something bad about us in the BBC MOTD studio?  :frantic:

Guest Stephen927

Where does the £50k a week come from? I always understood it was closer to £30k, though still far too much obviously.