NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

As long as we don't throw him in at the deep end, i could see him being a class player for us. Ok he's got a few issues but good managers and good clubs believe that they have the tools to steady the different personalities.

I actually don't think there is much wrong with Irelands attitude, in fact i think he was unfortunate to be shafted by Man City and joined the wrong club in Villa.

strange that he wouldn't just tell the fucking truth in that case, still footballers ain't famed for their smarts are they?

Not strange at all - he's a sensitive soul (from all reports) and it's perfectly understandable that he might substitute one tragedy ( losing a grandparent) for an infinitely more personal tragedy ( losing an unborn child).

I reckon in the same situation I might tell a lie rather than letting people know the truth...

okey fucking dokey

As long as we don't throw him in at the deep end, i could see him being a class player for us. Ok he's got a few issues but good managers and good clubs believe that they have the tools to steady the different personalities.

I actually don't think there is much wrong with Irelands attitude, in fact i think he was unfortunate to be shafted by Man City and joined the wrong club in Villa.

tbf theres a point there, when it came to onfield matters for city he always had a top notch attitude and before his great season for them put in a load of work on martial arts etc in his off time and pre season. Just hasn't worked out for him at villa which can happen sometimes and houillers man management is questionable tbh

tbf theres a point there, when it came to onfield matters for city he always had a top notch attitude and before his great season for them put in a load of work on martial arts etc in his off time and pre season. Just hasn't worked out for him at villa which can happen sometimes and houillers man management is questionable tbh

Questionable is a understatement. Houllier's a fucking looney. Watch his interviews, he looks like a guy who escaped a mental hospital.

In fairness the looney knows his football though.

Guest Wearside

I like Ireland but not sure Newcastle play the formation to suit his game,he prefers playing in a 5 man midfield and hates playing on the right wing,good signing if you play too his strengths but don't think Newcastle will suit his game.

I like Ireland but not sure Newcastle play the formation to suit his game,he prefers playing in a 5 man midfield and hates playing on the right wing,good signing if you play too his strengths but don't think Newcastle will suit his game.

Fair point but it's about squad size and squad options.

We might feel away from home that we want to go for 3 central midfield players or one off the striker. Granted the way we are playing now in a simple 442 seems to be working but things change and it's nice to have options.

I also think it's a little bit fictional to say Ireland can't play in that position because has very rarely been given the chance. Alot of people think that Nolan plays best just off the front man, but that is not true either.

I'd be looking at something like this:

Nolan      Tiote

Barton                                  Ben Arfa

Ireland

Carroll

Not sure if its been mentioned, but apparently we've knocked back a £1.5m bid for Shola.

Who by?

It's not the best time to sell Shola, as we are really short.

Offer us that in the summer and he can go.

ireland and nolan to start both in midfield....i think they both are best in the same position behind the striker. Defends is not their game

aren´t they too similar?

one should cover for the other...

only think we should buy if he is very cheap!

ireland and nolan to start both in midfield....i think they both are best in the same position behind the striker. Defends is not their game

aren´t they too similar?

one should cover for the other...

only think we should buy if he is very cheap!

What about this

Harper

Simpson        Willi                                  Colo      Jose

Tiote

Nolan                    Ireland

Johnson                                          Ben Arfa

Carroll