NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Best, Xisco and Lovenkrands are all worse than Ameobi. 

True story.

However, it is probably the worst compliment anyone could ever make. It is 0.0000000000008% better than a derogatory comment.

That's irrelevant though. The point is that Shola is our second best striker and as such selling him without a superior replacement coming in would be madness.

Best, Xisco and Lovenkrands are all worse than Ameobi. 

True story.

However, it is probably the worst compliment anyone could ever make. It is 0.0000000000008% better than a derogatory comment.

That's irrelevant though. The point is that Shola is our second best striker and as such selling him without a superior replacement coming in would be madness.

I don't know... Normally I would agree, but in Shola's case I would be tempted to grab the cash if somebody is foolish enough to stump up a few mill for him.

The lad's been here for ages. He's never been a Premiership striker and he should realistically have been let go ages ago. In fact, sometimes when you look at him he doesn't even look like a footballer (for example: his pass/shot vs Spurs this Saturday), just so uncharacteristic. For every goal he scores he misses a number of absolute sitters, so his finishing is much more hit and miss than some people on here would have you believe ("best finisher at the club" my ass). He's marginally improved his hold up play in recent years, and the fact he is now somewhat useful to us is more testimony to how much the club has gone backwards than to any progress he may have made. For me, he is and has been a constant source of frustration as you think if he would be a little more direct and apply himself a bit more he could achieve so much more. If we can replace him and this gives us the funds/incentive we need to push through with a long term partner for AC (preferably now, but if needed in the summer) I will be very happy to see the back of him.. For where we want to be is he at best backup, and I prefer my backup players to be young and talented.

I guess the critical questions are whether AC will stay for certain, if he will be back shortly and whether we feel our Premiership status is secured for next season (which I am edging towards). If so, I think it's a gamble worth taking providing we can get a good fee for him..

Shola > Loven > Best > Ranger

Shola does something impressive about once every two matches.

Lovens' form would probably improve with a bit more match practice.

Best had a good day against terrible opposition. I'd need to see way more from him to put him above Loven though.

Ranger's end product is just abysmal, no idea how he manages to get so many goals for the reserves.

I really have no idea where to put Xisco but he doesn't seem to have been very popular with either Pardew or Hughton, so he can't be up to much in training.

So no transfer news then?

Disappointing to see this thread bumped only to read up on a whole

load of waffle. I want more rumours!!1

Best had a good day against terrible opposition. I'd need to see way more from him to put him above Loven though.

Ranger's end product is just abysmal, no idea how he manages to get so many goals for the reserves.

I really have no idea where to put Xisco but he doesn't seem to have been very popular with either Pardew or Hughton, so he can't be up to much in training.

There's not much in it really. None of them is (currently) good enough for the first team if we want the club to move up in the world. One or two out of that list have the potential to improve, two certainly don't, so if somebody offers good cash for any of them I would be seriously interested in trying to offload them and use the money to try and get a better striker in. We don't need four so-so strikers, we need one good one to complement the excellent one we already have.

There's not much in it really. None of them is (currently) good enough for the first team if we want the club to move up in the world. One or two out of that list have the potential to improve, two certainly don't, so if somebody offers good cash for any of them I would be seriously interested in trying to offload them and use the money to try and get a better striker in. We don't need four so-so strikers, we need one good one to complement the excellent one we already have.

I agree in part. Ideally we would have Carroll, Someone Competant, Back-up and a couple of youth players coming through.

I can see Shola fitting in as back-up and Ranger maybe as one of the youth players. But the others are very sellable.

The problem is that we need all of them at the moment because we've only realistically got one first team striker.

Best + Ranger as our starting strikeforce with Lovenkrands as subs.

Jesus christ.  nPower Championship standard at best.  Remember the Fat Cunts are unlikely to bring in any decent reinforcements. Selling Ameobi doesn't guarantee us a new striker.

I agree in part. Ideally we would have Carroll, Someone Competant, Back-up and a couple of youth players coming through.

I can see Shola fitting in as back-up and Ranger maybe as one of the youth players. But the others are very sellable.

The problem is that we need all of them at the moment because we've only realistically got one first team striker.

Well, in an ideal world I would of course sell Xisco, Lovenkrands and Best before I would want to sell Shola, but this is not the ideal world and if there are no takers for the first three than I would still consider selling Shola if the opportunity arose. As long as we have all of them on the books I can easily guess Ashley's reaction to any request to free up the money to bring in another striker on top of the 6 we already have. You say the others are sellable, but they are not unfortunately... Dispensable, yes, but nobody will take them of our hands. Selling Shola may be a slight risk in the short term if we cannot get a replacement in before the window closes, but one I would be prepared to take for the greater good of being able to move forward with our striker department. One step back to make two steps forward and all that..

Best + Ranger as our starting strikeforce with Lovenkrands as subs.

Jesus christ.  nPower Championship standard at best.  Remember the Fat c***s are unlikely to bring in any decent reinforcements. Selling Ameobi doesn't guarantee us a new striker.

:lol:

I dunno why I found that funny.

Probably because he plays more than 5 minutes.

To quote Saturdays commentator "Rangers done more in 5 minutes than Shola did for the entire game"

The right pair of fresh legs coming on against a tired defence will always have a chance of making something happen. Getting substitutions right is an invaluable skill and AP should have brought Ranger on a bit earlier imo. I like Nile as a player but his inability to finish is a pain in the arse.