NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

What do you reckon we could rinse out of them for Sholagoals?

£3m?

Seriously? I'd imagine we could add a January premium on top of any fee which is how I came to £3m.

I'd keep him rather than take anything less than £2m.

Edit - that's for now and not the summer. I'd snap anyone's hand off for £1.5m in the summer.

Wasn't Muckleech after Loven as well? He's spent far too much time in Scotland watching third rate strikers.

Ah fuck it, I'm feeling generous, he can have the pair for £5m + Larsson.

Quadruple swoop; Ameobi, Loven, Best & Xisco for Larsson and Jerome + £5m  :laugh:

Guest neesy111

Shola for me minus 3-4 bad games (when he was injured) has done well for me.  He's not a prolific goalscorer but he does a job upfront.

Wasn't Muckleech after Loven as well? He's spent far too much time in Scotland watching third rate strikers.

Quadruple swoop; Ameobi, Loven, Best & Xisco for Larsson and Jerome + £5m  :laugh:

Fiver if they throw in Robson with Jerome.

Shola for me minus 3-4 bad games (when he was injured) has done well for me.  He's not a prolific goalscorer but he does a job upfront.

That job unfortunately doesn't involve sticking the ball in the net given half a dozen chances.

I hope you did mean that  :lol:

I hope you did mean that  :lol:

:sadnod:

Guest bmoregeordie

This Shola hate is ridiculous. And selling anyone who is seeing the pitch is stupid at this point, given how thin this squad is (see Routledge thread).

I'm all for Pardew running out Ranger and Best next match just to see what they can do. But Ameobi has been one of the more valuable players on this club over the past five years. Laugh, snicker, poke fun all you want. But find me three other players.

He is slow, awkward, and has the touch of an elephant. But he can hold up the ball, he gives you full effort every time out, and his scoring rate isn't awful. Furthermore, he's not going to fetch a price worth selling him for.

If you need a spare million, sell Xisco.

Guest neesy111

That job unfortunately doesn't involve sticking the ball in the net given half a dozen chances.

We have at least 2 strikers worse than him in-front of goal.  Should be looking to off-load them 1st.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This Shola hate is ridiculous. And selling anyone who is seeing the pitch is stupid at this point, given how thin this squad is (see Routledge thread).

I'm all for Pardew running out Ranger and Best next match just to see what they can do. But Ameobi has been one of the more valuable players on this club over the past five years. Laugh, snicker, poke fun all you want. But find me three other players.

He is slow, awkward, and has the touch of an elephant. But he can hold up the ball, he gives you full effort every time out, and his scoring rate isn't awful. Furthermore, he's not going to fetch a price worth selling him for.

Not too sure about that point, but agree with the rest.

Guest bmoregeordie

Shola for me minus 3-4 bad games (when he was injured) has done well for me.  He's not a prolific goalscorer but he does a job upfront.

We have at least 2 strikers worse than him in-front of goal.  Should be looking to off-load them 1st.

exactly. striker isn't even the club's top need.

Who's going to buy Xisco? We can't sell any of our pathetic strikeforce right now.

Who's going to buy Xisco? We can't sell any of our pathetic strikeforce right now.

Deportivo was admittedly interested. Would have to take a pay cut tho..