The key to staying up? A direct, physcial approach.

The Prophet

Don't think we need to change our home style too much. It's our away performances in which we'll struggle. A counter-attacking style would suit us if we can inject some pace into the side.

Guest Brummiemag

I'd rather go straight back down than revert to the Sam Allardyce school of cancerous football.

Agree with you 100%. Last thing I want to see is that sort of football.

A lot of people, quite rightly in my opinion, wanted rid of Big Sam because of the dreadful style of football. If people want to stay up playing that style of football then we should have kept him.   

I'd rather go straight back down than revert to the Sam Allardyce school of cancerous football.

Agree with you 100%. Last thing I want to see is that sort of football.

A lot of people, quite rightly in my opinion, wanted rid of Big Sam because of the dreadful style of football. If people want to stay up playing that style of football then we should have kept him.

Whether we stay up by one point, one goal or by sticking 11 players on the line for 90 minutes I don't care.

Next season, our Premiership status should matter over all else, especially our brand of football - saying you'd rather go back down is frankly ridiculous.

Oh, and we were in a completely different situation when Fat Sam came, we weren't a newly promoted side fighting for survival.

I don't think we need to start playing Allardyce style football, twatting it up to a striker or centre half at every opportunity. I do however, think we should use certain elements of their play, such as loading the box for every free kick.

I think we need to mix things up and use the correct style depending on the games opposition, and whether its at home or away.

I suppose different people have their own interpretation of what is meant by 'direct'. You could even argue there are even different degrees of how direct different sides are. For example I'd say we are already quite a direct outfit in terms of we get the ball out wide and delivering the ball into the box whereas someone like Blackburn don't really make use of the wings and just play it into the forward line for long spells of the match.

What worries me with the nucleus of the current sides is there isn't enough quality there to make the step up, therefore our success will depend heavily on our game plan. Currently there are serious questions whether our wingers and midfield area as a whole have enough ability to provide regular goal scoring chances for the forwards ala 08-09 therefore for me a team built to take advanatage of set pieces and keep things tight off the ball is the best way to go about things.