Peter Beardsley named as new Reserve Team Coach

Guest neesy111

It's not the appointment I have a problem with: more the fact that I can't see Beardo or Steve Stone staying at it for long. I wish we had a decent coach willing to stick at that post for 5+ years.

I've always been a believer in having familiar faces at the club, whether it be ex pro's or people from the region, however that doesn't mean to say we should neglect talent from elsewhere, merely help promote our own. Naturally, this fits in with Ashley's budget, as it costs alot less to "promote from within".

All in all i'm happy with the policy of haing people such as; Stone, Beardo and Thompson etc having a hand the future of the club. Hopefully some day we will see Speed and Clark come back too. 

As managers? Can't see anything else realistically unless they both fail spectacularly somewhere.

I think Speed would be happy to come here and coach, provided we guaranteed a chance at management.

Can you see that happening? Realistically?

Guest Heneage

I've always been a believer in having familiar faces at the club, whether it be ex pro's or people from the region, however that doesn't mean to say we should neglect talent from elsewhere, merely help promote our own. Naturally, this fits in with Ashley's budget, as it costs alot less to "promote from within".

All in all i'm happy with the policy of haing people such as; Stone, Beardo and Thompson etc having a hand the future of the club. Hopefully some day we will see Speed and Clark come back too. 

As managers? Can't see anything else realistically unless they both fail spectacularly somewhere.

I think Speed would be happy to come here and coach, provided we guaranteed a chance at management.

Can you see that happening? Realistically?

When I say management, I mean reserves or first team, I know he'd applied for the Swansea job, but up until now he's only ever coached at Sheffield hasn't he?

Of the two right now I'd prefer Clark if I was to pick a 'future manager' but that's just because I've seen what Clark can do.

Beardsley has an incredibly foul mouth.

And that's not some tired joke about his looks either.

Haha, that is very true! I was at a talk in a couple of months ago, he apologised to me when I had my photo taken with him!