Fc United of Newcastle or FC United Newcastle

Guest geoffasenna

I'd say the majority of fans of other non-league clubs dislike FC United of Manchester.

The Manchester area for example had lots of existing non-league clubs (Droylsden, Hyde, Ashton, Curzon Ashton, Stalybridge Celtic, Altrincham, Salford, Traford, Maine Road), and whilst you can't but admire the passion of the FCUM fans, to see the other teams around there struggling for support whilst they thrive doesn't go down too well.

Agree 100%. It's one of the many reasons why I hate AFC Wimbledon.

I'd say the majority of fans of other non-league clubs dislike FC United of Manchester.

The Manchester area for example had lots of existing non-league clubs (Droylsden, Hyde, Ashton, Curzon Ashton, Stalybridge Celtic, Altrincham, Salford, Traford, Maine Road), and whilst you can't but admire the passion of the FCUM fans, to see the other teams around there struggling for support whilst they thrive doesn't go down too well.

Wimbledon was different as they had their club stolen from them by another town in another county and changed the name of the club, the badge and colours and everything.

Get down to Gateshead. It's a good standard now, although I don't like the Athletics stadium. If they ever get that new ground, the club could take off.

Guest deathwish

Wouldn't dream of changing alliances.

Exactly right.

Can't believe the idea of supporting another club has been mentioned.  Although this probably shows the 'depth' of content on here.

Wimbledon was different as they had their club stolen from them by another town in another county and changed the name of the club, the badge and colours and everything.

Get down to Gateshead. It's a good standard now, although I don't like the Athletics stadium. If they ever get that new ground, the club could take off.

I'm not getting into the Wimbledon arguement again. I am clearly on my own in this forum when it comes to opinion on that club.

I agree with Gateshead though, Graham Wood is a top guy. Sold all his shares from his time as chairman at Hampton and Richmond Borough to our supporters trust for £1.