Alan Pardew's new backroom staff

Guest MrSundlofer

Guest MrSundlofer
The former West Ham and Charlton boss, who has not worked since his sacking by Southampton in August, is looking to bring in a number of his own backroom and office staff.

He has also had extensive support teams, including sports scientists, nutritionists, masseurs, dieticians and video analysts.

Another issue which needs to be addressed urgently is Pardew’s backroom staff, with Ray Lewington – who has a role at Fulham’s Academy after stepping down as first-team coach – having been mentioned as a possible assistant.

At his previous clubs, Pardew has worked with his own assistants, notably Peter Grant, who became Alex McLeish's No 2 at Birmingham in the summer, and Wally Downes, who has just joined West Ham as Avram Grant's assistant.

Pardew, for his part, recognized the importance of having some local influence in his back-up team and will also keep on former England international Steve Stone.

Chris Hughton had Colin Calderwood (assistant manager) and Paul Barron (goalkeeping coach) as his backroom staff. Who will Alan Pardew have?

I think I read somewhere he will bring them in on Tuesday?

What we need:

Assistant Manager

Goalkeeping Coach

First Team Coach

Phil Chapple

Worked with Alan Pardew as a scout when he was at West Ham and Charlton.

Ray Lewington

Currently a youth coach at Fulham, but was assistant manager last season when Roy Hodgson was in charge. I think this is the assistant manager we are looking for. He was also manager at Watford in 3 seasons.

Paul Haverson

Worked with Alan Pardew as a scout when he was at West Ham and Charlton.

Niall Clark

Worked for Alan Pardew as a fitness coach during his time at Reading, West Ham and Charlton.

NUFC.COM is writing:

The arrival of Alan Pardew at Gallowgate had brought speculation that he would seek to recruit Wally Downes, his former assistant at Reading and Southampton.

However Downes - out of a since leaving Southampton with Pardew in August - only recently took a job on the coaching staff at West Ham.

Downes is quoted as saying:

"I'm delighted to have signed at West Ham. They came in for me before Newcastle and if there was any speculation about me going, this will kill it off. We have to keep up the momentum. We beat Wigan and Manchester United in my first two matches."

Time will tell.