Academy Under 18 Coach

Caz

The club is advertising for a new coach for the under 18 Academy team.

This is the criteria of the job listing:

ACADEMY UNDER 18 YOUTH COACH

NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB

The successful applicant will have responsibility for co-ordinating, developing and enhancing the ‘Player Development Programme’ for the emerging young talent at Newcastle United Football Academy.

The successful applicant will have:

• Experience of coaching ‘elite’ young players within the Academy Programme;

• Knowledge and experience of all aspects of ‘Long Term Player Development’;

• UEFA ‘A’ Advanced Coaching Licence;

• Working knowledge of the Academy system and the Youth Development Programme;

• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.

This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with enthusiasm, knowledge and a commitment to the development of ‘elite’ young football players.

Who used to be the Under 18 coach?

They really are going for this promotion from within, much like a business. I think its a great idea and it gives anybdoy wanting to do coaching as a profession like myself, Caz, Obi, & Andy a great chance in the coming years

It really is an incredible opportunity for someone, but what I find quite strange is the A license part. As wasn't Steve Stone briefly in that role and last I heard he didn't have his UEFA B.

The website should have more info on the Under 9's to 16's. My cousin is in the Under 9's at the moment.

It really is an incredible opportunity for someone, but what I find quite strange is the A license part. As wasn't Steve Stone briefly in that role and last I heard he didn't have his UEFA B.

The website should have more info on the Under 9's to 16's. My cousin is in the Under 9's at the moment.

It should. It only had the coaches names and nothing else. Saying that on SAFC website you can click on the coaches and see what their qualifications are etc...which shows what you have to work to.

And it would be great for the players to be able to show people that they're on the website and has a little bio on them like the Academy players get.

It should. It only had the coaches names and nothing else. Saying that on SAFC website you can click on the coaches and see what their qualifications are etc...which shows what you have to work to.

And it would be great for the players to be able to show people that they're on the website and has a little bio on them like the Academy players get.

Yeah that would be really good, but I think it's the whole child protection thing gone mad. In the paper for the youth football write up's they aren't allowed to put the players names on.

I don't think the SAFC website has been updated for a while as I know a guy who coaches at the academy but isn't on the website.

July 2010 - "While the main focus was a comment stating there will be “no capital outlay”, it also documented Newcastle will “promote from within”."

The academy coach needs a UEFA A License because he'll probably be our next manager :(

Guest michaelfoster

They probably cant forchild protection laws (same reason why english players under a certain age cant be in football manager)

July 2010 - "While the main focus was a comment stating there will be no capital outlay, it also documented Newcastle will promote from within."

The academy coach needs a UEFA A License because he'll probably be our next manager :(

:thup: good news

They probably cant forchild protection laws (same reason why english players under a certain age cant be in football manager)

Yeah I didn't mean with names and all, just a little info on results and development stuff like that.

wow, as a full time football coach, this is just a dream job!

Unfortunetly I wont be appllying as I've only got my UEFA B, not due to go for A until next summer.

That really is the sort of job I'd sell the house and move for, will be interesting to see who gets it.

Btw, are there many jobs that come available on that website?

Im currently working for the Irish Football Association but really fancy a change

wow, as a full time football coach, this is just a dream job!

Unfortunetly I wont be appllying as I've only got my UEFA B, not due to go for A until next summer.

That really is the sort of job I'd sell the house and move for, will be interesting to see who gets it.

Btw, are there many jobs that come available on that website?

Im currently working for the Irish Football Association but really fancy a change

You do see a few, and if you pay for i think you get priority on viewing it.

Good luck with your job mate. :thup:

Nice one mate cheers.

Been a full time schools coach for three years now which i fun but its not 'proper' coaching as its mainly primary schools, more fundamentals.

i really want to move into full time coaching at a club now.

Im currently U18 manager of my local club, moved there this year from the acadmey of the biggest club in Northern Ireland, Linfield.

Got a taste for the coaching on the mainland last year when we toured the North West and then won the Tesco Cup in the Reebok!

Coaching jobs are really scarce over here, just wondering how to make moves on the mainland, seems to be difficult enough over there too?

Nice one mate cheers.

Been a full time schools coach for three years now which i fun but its not 'proper' coaching as its mainly primary schools, more fundamentals.

i really want to move into full time coaching at a club now.

Im currently U18 manager of my local club, moved there this year from the acadmey of the biggest club in Northern Ireland, Linfield.

Got a taste for the coaching on the mainland last year when we toured the North West and then won the Tesco Cup in the Reebok!

Coaching jobs are really scarce over here, just wondering how to make moves on the mainland, seems to be difficult enough over there too?

You seem to have a decent bit of coaching to put on your CV. The hard part is just finding a job you want. Your best bet would be to send CV's off to League 1 and 2 clubs, or to constantly keep up to date with coaching websites and things like that. Its a hard one with you possibly having to up sticks and leave Ireland.

Have you ever considered coaching in America?

I've heard now though that they're trying to cut down the amount of coaches coming over from Britain because they want to develop the sport themselves :/

Yeah been building my cv up nicely and am determined to get a break somewhere decent.

it would be hard upping sticks, selling the house, possible separation, but for the right career move I suppose it wouldnt be a problem!

Considered USA before I went to uni but went for the education and stuck with the degree, since then I never really had the time to think about it.

Ive often had a wee troll through L1, championship club websites but there never seems to be much out there, I guess this website  is worth signing up for then for definite, could be ideal.