Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

He phoned up because he had a few questions he wanted answered. Hardly beyond the box office's job description to help with ticketing is it? And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Urgh.

I'd imagine that it's this kind of attitude which will be causing concern to those who already hold a season ticket in the L4 corner.

Exactly. I ended up in Leazes L4 for the Blackpool game at the start of the season  and I can safely say that the majority in there wouldn't have been too happy about having to stand up for 90 minutes. Personally I would rather stand for 90 minutes and sing but some people need to understand that doing that isn't everyones cup of tea. Some are too old to stand for long periods, others just like to sit and watch the match.

Guest Roger Kint

Thats something i have pointed out several times. The row in front of me has a young kid whose father needs to pick him up every time people stand just so he can see. Theres also an older bloke who can just about get to his seat so long term standing isnt an option.

Guest toonlass

He phoned up because he had a few questions he wanted answered. Hardly beyond the box office's job description to help with ticketing is it? And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Urgh.

I'd imagine that it's this kind of attitude which will be causing concern to the club, and those who already hold a season ticket in the L4 corner.

What kind of attitude?

Guest icemanblue

Urgh.

I'd imagine that it's this kind of attitude which will be causing concern to the club, and those who already hold a season ticket in the L4 corner.

What kind of attitude?

Which you knew, of course.

Thats something i have pointed out several times. The row in front of me has a young kid whose father needs to pick him up every time people stand just so he can see. Theres also an older bloke who can just about get to his seat so long term standing isnt an option.

Much as I am for a singing end I hope the campaigners and petitions etc recognise the needs of ALL fans.

I'm convinced the back of the Gallowgate would be the best option for many reasons, not least the accoustics.

Guest Roger Kint

Much as I am for a singing end I hope the campaigners and petitions etc recognise the needs of ALL fans.

I'm convinced the back of the Gallowgate would be the best option for many reasons, not least the accoustics.

Well considering colochi simply ignored my previous mention of it i really doubt it. For the record i am at the back of the Gallowgate, many of the empty seats are around the block i am in so unless they expect people to move to suit them i can see a few problems regarding standing.

My mate who I sit next to at the match has just been on the phone to the box office about moving our seats for next season, he asked about moving to level 4 from level 7 and she just said(quite stroppily according to him) "you'll be moved to where there's space!"

Customer care at it's very best again NUFC

Sounds like the same person I spoke to around Christmas when I needed some extra tickets. Howver her apart I've always found them to be excellent and very helpful.

I pay for a seat and like to sit in it and watch the match. You can still sing and shout when sitting down.

I also have either my 4 or 7 year old kid with me and standing isn't an option with them.

Guest jrtoonarmy

that is why there should be an area for fans who will stand, its all about a choice. fans that want to sit should be able to and fans who wish to stand should be able to its simple

Guest Roger Kint

I pay for a seat and like to sit in it and watch the match. You can still sing and shout when sitting down.

I also have either my 4 or 7 year old kid with me and standing isn't an option with them.

100% agree mate, standing isnt an option near me(dont care either way tbh, my mouth and legs can operate independently)

Guest Roger Kint

that is why there should be an area for fans who will stand, its all about a choice. fans that want to sit should be able to and fans who wish to stand should be able to its simple

Standing is not allowed at all though, obviously it happens but it isnt supposed to.

Guest jrtoonarmy

Its just something the clubs are going to have to deal with untill the laws change which they might well do in the next few years as over 90% of fans agree there should be a choice for a safe standing area. newcaslte get it easy in my eyes man utd have over 20,000 standing at cup games, i cant think of a single team in this league that is without a area of the ground that is the home to 1000's of standing fans

Guest Roger Kint

Its just something the clubs are going to have to deal with untill the laws change which they might well do in the next few years as over 90% of fans agree there should be a choice for a safe standing area. newcaslte get it easy in my eyes man utd have over 20,000 standing at cup games, i cant think of a single team in this league that is without a area of the ground that is the home to 1000's of standing fans

Its not the clubs decision

Guest toonlass

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

Guest icemanblue

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

:lol: Aye, OK. It was bolded in my original response. Is this better?

And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Guest toonlass

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Actually it is, cos I was on my phone before and didn't see what you had bolded.

So the fact that people want to sing and chant at a match is wrong in your opinion? Why?

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

Actually it is, cos I was on my phone before and didn't see what you had bolded.

So the fact that people want to sing and chant at a match is wrong in your opinion? Why?

If they are blocking the view of a youngster or an OAP who is unable to stand up for long periods of course it's bloody wrong!

Guest toonlass

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

If they are blocking the view of a youngster or an OAP who is unable to stand up for long periods of course it's bloody wrong!

I never said anything about standing up. I said singing and chanting! Once again all of Level 7 is blanketed by one opinion!

Standing is not allowed at all though, obviously it happens but it isnt supposed to.

Turning a blind eye to standing is not really a solution to anything.

It would be good to see supporter groups and indeed the club lobbying parliament for permanent safe standing areas in our stadiums.

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

I never said anything about standing up. I said singing and chanting! Once again all of Level 7 is blanketed by one opinion!

Everyone who populates Leazes Corner stands up at games presently (nothing wrong with that, I am all for it) and if you're seriously suggesting that they will all come down to L4 and sit down throughout the match then you are deluded i'm afraid.