Will we suffer from the "Second Season Syndrome"?

Guest Flatline

Krul, Harper, Forster

Simpson, RTaylor, Williamson, Coloccini, STaylor, Enrique, Tavernier, Perch ,Kadar

Marveaux, Ferguson, Jonas, Cabaye, Barton, Tiote, Gosling, Obertan, Abeid, Guthrie, Smith

Vuckic, Ben Arfa

Ba, Ameobi, Best, Lovenkrands, Ranger, SAmeobi

Add a decent striker and a defender in the mould of someone like Onuhoa to that lot and I actually think we look pretty good, just to be a little bit positive for a second.

I don't doubt there will be many more twists and turns in this window than that though 

I think the massive turnaround in the make up of the squad will negate second season syndrome to some extent. It usually kicks in when squads become complacent after the first year back, but this time there are so many new faces it's going to be like a fresh start.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The symptoms of Second Season Syndrome will almost certainly be masked by those of Newcastle United Syndrome.

This.

• 2 months later...

if it wasn't for 2nd season syndrome we'd be top.

Jokes aside, you do wonder how well we'd be doing if we actually decided to spend money this summer. :troll:

not really, you know i only see the profit from player trading in the one window in the longer term context of many bigger losses.

FFS. We only went down for 1 season. This second season syndrome doesn't really to aan established team who went down for one season and then shot back up.

Its not like we have been down for 5 seasons and have a total championship squad. Were not Blackpool or QPR coming up from the Championship.

We know what the Premier aleague is about, we're not playing on adrenalin and all hopped up on goofballs because we are in the Prem.

So stop this talk about us being second season or newly promoted. FFS talk like that is demeaning to the team.

FFS. We only went down for 1 season. This second season syndrome doesn't really to aan established team who went down for one season and then shot back up.

Its not like we have been down for 5 seasons and have a total championship squad. Were not Blackpool or QPR coming up from the Championship.

We know what the Premier aleague is about, we're not playing on adrenalin and all hopped up on goofballs because we are in the Prem.

So stop this talk about us being second season or newly promoted. FFS talk like that is demeaning to the team.

Pretty much as I saw it at the start of the season tbh.