Let's all laugh at... Ruud Gullit

DJ_NUFC

Guest BooBoo

Those cup finals man, I don't think a 13 year old kid (me) has ever been less excited going to his first cup finals. Never stood a fucking chance, fucking hate Wembley.

True. I was excited both times at the prospect of Wemberly but typically of this club's luck, we had to face sides chasing doubles at the time and never really stood a chance.

I suppose we cant complain as our roads to the finals were very straight forward (especially the first time where the only Premier League clubs we played were a God awful Everton side and...er..Barnsley).

To be fair I always understood Gullit's decision to drop Shearer and Lee. Basically he wasn't in charge of the team at that time, it was more of an 'old boys' club, so the only way he was going to change the club into the place he wanted it to be was by shifting those who had massive influence over the dressing room.

Saying that, he hasn't exactly proven since that if he had got his way, Newcastle would have been improved one iota. Some of his signings pretty much summed that up.

To be fair I always understood Gullit's decision to drop Shearer and Lee. Basically he wasn't in charge of the team at that time, it was more of an 'old boys' club, so the only way he was going to change the club into the place he wanted it to be was by shifting those who had massive influence over the dressing room.

Saying that, he hasn't exactly proven since that if he had got his way, Newcastle would have been improved one iota. Some of his signings pretty much summed that up.

Rob Lee, yes I understood. Back end of the 98-99 season Speed & Hamann were amazing together, and then when Dyer came in he was never going to get in the side first-choice the way he wanted to play. The treatment of him was shoddy though.