NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I would rather someone who's mobile and is a great link-up player. We already have enough trouble building attacks as it is, getting someone like Defoe to partner Cisse would make it even more difficult for us to create sustained pressure. Ideally we need another Remy, someone who can drop deep, pick up the ball and has enough pace to run the channels. Gomis looks all right and he looks like he's someone that can play with his back to goal, which is another good asset.

I'd play Defoe ahead of Cisse, and I like Cisse a lot.

Me too, I think we really could do with someone like Defoe tbh.

We complain we don't create enough chances but too often we make nothing of our half chances.

Yesterday we had 24 shots, 9 on target and a few times had the ball in the box but failed to even get a shot off. Defoe despite being greedy or not a build up type of player would have thrived on that. We need someone who will put the ball away, seems more and more that Cisse needs to have them put on a plate to score and even then (twice yesterday imo) he fails.

Really hope the lad gets his confidence or whatever back, maybe getting more goalscorers into the side will take the pressure off.

Doubt he'd move so far away from his family tbh.

He has Had a bad few years in his personal life and that could be an issue ,love him as a player and still quick and troubles defenders big time when on his game

We complain we don't create enough chances but too often we make nothing of our half chances.

Yesterday we had 24 shots, 9 on target and a few times had the ball in the box but failed to even get a shot off. Defoe despite being greedy or not a build up type of player would have thrived on that. We need someone who will put the ball away, seems more and more that Cisse needs to have them put on a plate to score and even then (twice yesterday imo) he fails.

Really hope the lad gets his confidence or whatever back, maybe getting more goalscorers into the side will take the pressure off.

Most of those "chances" were long shots from range.

We don't create nearly enough chances for Defoe to be effective, our problem as i stated many times is strikers not coming deep to help link the play and another stretching the defence.

Remy can do that and so can Gouffran to some respect but as it stands Shola and Cisse can't do f*ck all other than finish it off and with a team that plays two strikers we need forwards who can contribute outside of goals as often as possible.

Its ok, we will take Townsend.

We don't create nearly enough chances for Defoe to be effective, our problem as i stated many times is strikers not coming deep to help link the play and another stretching the defence.

Remy can do that and so can Gouffran to some respect but as it stands Shola and Cisse can't do f*ck all other than finish it off and with a team that plays two strikers we need forwards who can contribute outside of goals as often as possible.

Defoe's movement and instinct is more dangerous than Cisse's around the box. Our other players might have more of an outlet to thread passes to rather than trying long range shots from 30 yards with Defoe in the team.

Think Remy and Defoe would be a great strike force or Cisse and either of those 2 ,small man playing off Cisse/Remy with better width and more penetrating midfield passing  :fwap:

I'm not sure how true these stories are concerning Ince but out of all the clubs that have been linked with him I do think we would be the best team for him.

Would love the Moussa Sow stuff to be true, sadly doubt it.

I always tend to believe stuff more when it comes from the opposite end than ours. When it comes from our end it's more likely to be us trying to appease the fans, "we're trying", etc. but there's no reason for a Turkish media source to simply make up a €12m bid up and that he's linked to us & Stoke. :lol:

We'll rue not going for Ince in the same way not buying Sturridge after we sold Carroll was fucking brainless.

How much did Sturridge cost Liverpool in the end? I know Chelsea wanted something like £17m at the time, but it seems like pocket money now.

We'll rue not going for Ince in the same way not buying Sturridge after we sold Carroll was fucking brainless.

How much did Sturridge cost Liverpool in the end? I know Chelsea wanted something like £17m at the time, but it seems like pocket money now.

£12m. :lol:

"We shop solely in France because English players are far too expensive" :rolleyes:

He was on something daft like £50kpw at citeh, then moved to Chelsea, then to Liverpool. At what stage do we get blown out of the water wage wise?

I personally don't think he'd have come here anyway, was always more ambitious than that.

£12m. :lol:

"We shop solely in France because English players are far too expensive" :rolleyes:

It was the same with Moses tbh. Yes English players are expensive, but those two actually weren't. Sturridge especially had a fantastic pedigree and was only 22 at the time. Anything over £8m and Ashley's eyes start watering.