Rob W

fter 15 games the total points for the top 2 clubs:-

1992-93 = 56

1998-99 = 59

2004-2005 = 67

2005-2006 = 70

2006-2007 = 73

Its that bugger Morinho  bluesigh.gif bluesigh.gif bluesigh.gif

Less competitive rather than harder tbh.

I think it's the opposite. Too many clubs of a similar standard capable of beating each other, meaning less points. There's Man U & Chelsea streets ahead, then the next best teams are Liverpool & Arsenal...but you have a group of 7-8 teams capable of taking points off them and each other.

I think it's the opposite. Too many clubs of a similar standard capable of beating each other, meaning less points. There's Man U & Chelsea streets ahead, then the next best teams are Liverpool & Arsenal...but you have a group of 7-8 teams capable of taking points off them and each other.

To be clearer, I meant less competitive in terms of winning the league.

To be clearer, I meant less competitive in terms of winning the league.

Ah, in that case I agree. I think in terms of the rest of the league though, the quality is much greater than say 5-6 years ago.

They have too much money and are impossible to compete with over a season. No-one can compete with them to sign a player, and as soon as another team starts to improve they come knocking and take their best players (Carrick, SWP, etc). The money gap between the top clubs and the rest like us is getting bigger and bigger due to the Champions League cartel and I can see no way its going to shrink unless the deals the Glazers did to finance their takeover bring them debt problems. It'll be a long, long time before anyone other than the established top clubs win the league - frankly I'm not interested in the title race anymore as its a complete irrelevance to me and City. Although I'd rather they didn't win it - I'd only have to hear about it. Again.