Newcastle 1 - 0 Atromitos (2-1 on agg) - 30/08/12 - post-match reaction from p40

Dave

Guest Realist

Danny Simpson ‏@dannysimpson

I said to him - come on man get off the pitch n he said hes doing it for the toon hahahaha

Expand

Reply  Retweeted  Favorite

Awhh man. :lol:

Realistically, the conversation was the other way round.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Krul 4.5 lucky not to have given a penalty away and been sent off

Simpson 5.5 ok

Williamson 5.5 ok

Coloccini 5.5 ok

Tav 5.5 ok

Perch 5.5 ok

Bigirimana 5.5 hit and miss. Good at times but some wayward passing.

Obertan 6.5 By far his best game for us. Worked hard really took the game by the scruff of the neck. Some good, some ok and some poor crosses. Big improvement.

Gosling 5 poor at times. Lack of confidence still or just a poor player ? He seems to have the ability, things just do not seem to click for him.

Vuckic 6.5 Good goal, got involved, could have had a hatrick, shooting poor in general but found space well.

Marveaux 6 Still not sure how good this guy is. Decent squad player at the very least, but could he hurt the top teams hmmm probably not. Might be  better more central.

Ba 6 Worked hard but efforts came to nothing tonight. Saving it for Villa hopefully.

Where's Mehdi ?Looked good pre season!

I said to him - come on man get off the pitch n he said hes doing it for the toon hahahaha

Expand

:lol:

Expand

http://i.imgur.com/zKIeH.gif

one thing I forgot to mention that was rather farcical - the minutes applause for Freddie Fletcher.

Players didn't stand around the centre circle, almost as if they were unaware and it most definitely lasted longer than a minute.

Certainly confused some of the young lads in attendance too. "Errr lads why we clapping?" :lol:

Heard a few other mildly amusing comments too:

(85th minute) "GET PERCHINHO ON!" "Is he not playing?" "Sure I seen him before" "Nar he must be on the bench though"

(91st minute) "Who's number 34?"

Bit disappointed that we didn't spank them, at points in the first half it looked like we should absolutely walk it. But the point of the round was to qualify and we did that. :thup:

Thought Obertan had a canny game, looked pretty lively. Bigi seems a good acquisition but made a few mistakes. Good goal from Vuckic, although everyone around me seemed to be looking in the other direction and missed it. I still don't rate Gosling but I'd love him to have a storming game and prove me wrong.

Expand

:spit:

Brilliant.

Last night was very scrappy but we did what we had to do. Could have done without the couple of scares but they were hardly going to just roll over in the biggest game of their lives.

I love bigi but thought he was rather sloppy tonight, definitely got potential but is very raw. Thought obertan was awful the first half but second half really came into it well but his final ball was letting him down. Thought Marv was a standout player, thought he had an excellent game, love to see him more and more in throughout the season. I'm trying to like Gosling and give him the benefit of the doubt but he seems to be getting worse rather than better.

Atromitos were better than I expected, I've seen worse PL teams at SJP.

Enjoyed watching Marveaux, Bigi and other fringe players and thought Obertan was our most positive player.

He's a bit like the old Churchillian Russian saying about puzzles/enigmas etc. I'm sure there's a decent player in there and the pace he has could be utilised very positively if he gets his thought processes sorted.