NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomorrow's Express claims we're going to spend a load of money this summer...

...because Ashley reckons the prices are going to go up next year when the new TV deal kicks in. :lol:

...because Ashley reckons the prices are going to go up next year when the new TV deal kicks in. :lol:

Even the most gullible fans will be having doubts now. My dad has been going for about 50 years and said loads of people aren't going to renew. These are the hardcore that have been going for decades.

Arsenal, Newcastle and Southampton are all chasing Caen midfielder Ngolo Kante, according to reports in France.

The 24-year-old has been in impressive form this season in Ligue 1 and has caught the eye of several sides.

Marseille have already made enquires to Caen, who value the midfielder at around £5million.

However, according to L'Equipe, Arsenal, Newcastle and Southampton are also in the running to sign Kante this summer.

Newcastle are reportedly leading the race for the Frenchman as speculation grows that they may lose their own star midfielder - Moussa Sissoko.

The Magpies are determined to keep hold of the France international but if they are forced to sell him then Kante has been labelled as the ideal replacement.

Even the most gullible fans will be having doubts now. My dad has been going for about 50 years and said loads of people aren't going to renew. These are the hardcore that have been going for decades.

The thing is, while we'll never spend loads this seems exactly how Ashley's mind will work on transfers. He's liable to spend the next 2 years budget in a oner because his analysts have told him prices will skyrocket when the new money comes in.

Not sure how true that is likely to be considering we only shop abroad and on the cheap though, but if it were it's exactly the kind of thing he'd do.

I think it will prove very difficult to continue to attract players life Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Sissoke and Janmaat. This season has been a defining one in terms of highlighting the owners mentality towards the club. We have known for some time but more and more articles in the media and TV pundits are commenting on the issue. Even the up and coming types of players we have attracted in the past will think twice about getting involved with this shambles. No chance any PL players mentioned earlier would come here.

I also think that when the figures come out season ticket cancellations will be a record high for a premier league season. We are 2 down this season and will be another 2 down for next season. Attendances will be significantly lower next season so the appeal of playing in front of 50k every home game will also be gone. Basically we're fucked until we get relegated and the fat bastard loses his TV money meal ticket.

I think it will prove very difficult to continue to attract players life Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Sissoke and Janmaat. This season has been a defining one in terms of highlighting the owners mentality towards the club. We have known for some time but more and more articles in the media and TV pundits are commenting on the issue. Even the up and coming types of players we have attracted in the past will think twice about getting involved with this shambles. No chance any PL players mentioned earlier would come here.

I also think that when the figures come out season ticket cancellations will be a record high for a premier league season. We are 2 down this season and will be another 2 down for next season. Attendances will be significantly lower next season so the appeal of playing in front of 50k every home game will also be gone. Basically we're fucked until we get relegated and the fat bastard loses his TV money meal ticket.

Players will always move for the money but the standard will gradually drop because there is not an infinite amount of international quality players to buy and we've already running out of markets to target.

Players will always move for the money but the standard will gradually drop because there is not an infinite amount of international quality players to buy and we've already running out of markets to target.

It's ludicrous that the value of a decent manager is totally lost on Ashley.

Imagine having a manager who could actually improve what we have instead of the parasite we have now.

It would make us a more attractive prospect regardless of any other factors.

I also think that when the figures come out season ticket cancellations will be a record high for a premier league season. We are 2 down this season and will be another 2 down for next season. Attendances will be significantly lower next season so the appeal of playing in front of 50k every home game will also be gone. Basically we're f***ed until we get relegated and the fat b****** loses his TV money meal ticket.

Exactly. We wont pay decent money anyway so will always be the lowest option. Remember we lost out to the likes of QPR and Swansea for this very reason.

I know everyone dislikes Jermaine Jenas these days but he was on the radio earlier saying that if he was leaving Nottingham Forest again he wouldn't sign NUFC as it is now, purely because of the lack of ambition. When he came here he was inspired by the players we had, what we were trying to build and the chance to develop his own game and help push the club forward.

Depressing.

Hard to understand how that means anything in reality since we signed their two best prospects last summer.

Lets not forget the fact that he signed for QPR and was happy to sit on the Spurs bench for a number of years.

Hard to understand how that means anything in reality since we signed their two best prospects last summer.

He was referring to if he had his time again, not if he was at Forest now.

Exactly- but two players in his exact position have signed for us. It's much easier for him to say in theory than in practice.

Exactly- but two players in his exact position have signed for us. It's much easier for him to say in theory than in practice.

Jenas was the hottest young property in English football when we bought him. I suspect Forest weren't inundated with bids for our two given that one of them can't even hold down a place in their team. Yes, it's theory but it's nowhere near the same as you're suggesting.