Worst Newcastle XI?

Guest TruToon94

McDonald was around 88/89 I think.

There was also Gazza's mate who signed on loan from Spurs around the same time as McDonald. He'll be discounted due to only playing 3 games but he was easily the worst player I've ever seen play at St James' and that's including opposition players. He looked like Gazza had just pulled him off a Sunday league pitch and told us he had played for Spurs.

Worst keeper is Hooper by a mile.

Paul Moran I believe. What was that Aussie we had on loan? Dave Mitchell? Nowt flash to say the least.

Yeah Paul Moran. I meant to put that in earlier. Utterly clueless. Dave mitchell, remember the name but can't picture him or the year.

I also vaguely remember someone called Gavin Macguire around the same time, think he was only sub???

Also some additions: Frank Doumas, David Beherall, Garry Brady, Xisco, Carl Serrant, Gonzalez, Paul Dalglish.

Gavin Maguire was a thug. Played for Pompey and QPR and ended Danny Thomas' career. Leffe186 will know more.

Guest Number 37

Saying that though y'know. Looking back, Hooper was bad, really really bad. And at the time it was obvious. In hindsight though Srnicek was f***ing useless as well. I thought he was class when I was a kid.

I reckon Karelse was worserer.

To be fair to Hooper he did once come off the bench and saved a Klinsmann penalty with his first touch :cool:

Karelse was worst for me, although I'm pleased Lionel Perez never got a game.

Saying that though y'know. Looking back, Hooper was bad, really really bad. And at the time it was obvious. In hindsight though Srnicek was f***ing useless as well. I thought he was class when I was a kid.

What about Shaka?

Five pages and nobody's mentioned Graham Oates ?

Was at the Man U game mentioned earlier re John Bird where him and Oates got equally classic ogs. within minutes of each other

Memory might be playing tricks after all these years and at the time I was probably half pissed after a couple of hours in the Duke of Edinburgh (or somewhere round there anyway) but I think where Bird went for power Oates managed to beat Mahoney with a delicate lob.

And no "worst of " team could possibly exclude Andreas bloody Andersson.

Guest Bert Shaft

I'd like to know I know a little about the position and honestly I've not seen an NUFC keeper start for us I have less confidence in than Rob Elliot.

Steve Hardwick was also  a dodgy as f* ck keeper, like.

Guest firetotheworks

What about Shaka?

They all had their faults but Shaka was better than Pav imo.

Shaka was a good keeper who had confidence issues, not helped by Keegan's tendency to drop and swap. If Shaka had been in goal throughout 95-96 we'd have won the league. Pavel was a lovely bloke but a really bad goalkeeper whose career predictably went to hell when he left us the first time.