Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

I really think it should be a minutes silence when a young person like him dies unexpectedly and young kids (who were there!) are left without a father. Leave the appreciative applause to people dying because of old age.

RIP

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

I really think it should be a minutes silence when a young person like him dies unexpectedly and young kids (who were there!) are left without a father. Leave the appreciative applause to people dying because of old age.

RIP

Yes, 100% this.  The minute’s applause was because they couldn’t stop having a silence for every bugger going.  There’s nothing like an impeccably observed minute’s silence for a solemn occasion.  Silence marks a tragedy, applause appreciation.  

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes, 100% this.  The minute’s applause was because they couldn’t stop having a silence for every bugger going.  There’s nothing like an impeccably observed minute’s silence for a solemn occasion.  Silence marks a tragedy, applause appreciation.  

A minute silence should be a minute silence, always. It's supposed to be a time to reflect. Sound like a reet miserable auld bastard but are people so lacking an attention span that they cannot simply be quiet and share a moments reflection :lol: 

Edited by Heron

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Aye, they actually had one for Atsu at Forest which makes ours look even worse but I think it’s as much people not listening to what is supposed to be happening as much as anything. Not the first time it’s happened IIRC.

Heartbreaking seeing his family though.

Just now, Heron said:

A minute silence should be a minute silence, always. It's supposed to be a time to reflect. Sound like a reet miserable auld bastard but are people so lacking an attention span that they cannot simply be quiet and share a moments reflection :lol:

You’re absolutely right, but they started doing it for minor royals etc and it lessened the impact.  I was amazed it wasn’t a silence for Atsu

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye, they actually had one for Atsu at Forest which makes ours look even worse but I think it’s as much people not listening to what is supposed to be happening as much as anything. Not the first time it’s happened IIRC.

Heartbreaking seeing his family though.

Yes, that was really upsetting seeing them, poor souls

1 hour ago, CPL said:

Heart breaking watching them on TV. Could feel myself welling up. 😔

Aye the missus was putting on a brave face but she broke down a bit towards the end and it was not easy to watch.

11 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's a combination of things. Dickheads being incapable of being quiet for 1 minute and selfish dickheads who prove it by going "Well I'm clapping!" Cunts 

Woman next to me called me a fucking idiot for me suggesting it’s supposed to be a silence.

Took some slight amusement in her moaning to those around her about how she hasn’t got a ticket for next week, mind.

Edited by Sima

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

Woman next to me called me a fucking idiot for me suggesting it’s supposed to be a silence.

Took some slight amusement in her moaning to those around her about how she hasn’t got a ticket for next week, mind.

Should have said "you're calling me an idiot with eyebrows like that?" and then never explained further.

23 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The Liverpool fans started clapping like, as did some of our lot who are almost incapable of doing a minute's silence. Knew it was gonna happen.

Was it announced before the game there was going to be a minute's silence? I know it's no excuse mind as this wasn't an occasion for clapping. Clapping in my mind is not showing respect in such tragic circumstances. 

Just now, et tu brute said:

Was it announced before the game there was going to be a minute's silence? I know it's no excuse mind as this wasn't an occasion for clapping. Clapping in my mind is not showing respect in such tragic circumstances. 

Yeah I think, but as soon as the PA said Atsu's name people just immediately started clapping.