Better late than never

Guest Winchester Royal

Guest Winchester Royal

I came up from Winchester on Wednesday night to watch Reading.

I thought the game was fantastic, two attacking teams playing good football, settled by a lovely goal by Emre. Gutted to lose in the end, after the superb football we played between your first and second goals.

I'm not entirely sure what went on between our bench and Emre, but apparently Emre called Wally Downes a "Fucking Whore", so I think its probably evened itself out, whatever was said to him....

Anyway, loved the stadium, atmosphere got good at times, and everybody was as friendly as could be...

You might like this panoramic I made... Click on the link for a HUGE, Printable one...

http://www.covertfootball.co.uk/images/0607/thumbs/sjp.jpg

http://www.covertfootball.co.uk/images/0607/sjphobnob.jpg

Guest Winchester Royal

Sure we will - you're too good to go down, judging by Wednesday.

I hope we're good enough to stay up - we're still on under 40 points, and until its mathematically impossible, I won't believe it.

We're still a bit leaky, as you saw..

I hope we're good enough to stay up - we're still on under 40 points, and until its mathematically impossible, I won't believe it.

Done well though, have enough in the tank to attack, which is usually the problem for promoted teams, they dont have creativity or goalscorers.

Think you've a few championship defenders though, and a piss poor keeper. (Sonko & Hahnemann need replacing asap)

Those are things you can rectify in the xmas window, or even better the summer with another £12m in the bank for staying in the division.

Good that your not taking your league position for granted (unlike Pardew who wins two games and thinks there on course for Europe, look at them now) , and not getting carried away, keep doing this and you'll easy stay up.

Guest Winchester Royal

Sonko runs hot and cold. He definately ran cold on Wednesday. I don't think he needs replacing though, he's an important player for us and doesn't let many players beat him in the air.

Hahnemann does a lot of good shot stopping, but his distribution is getting worse - funnily enough we signed him because his distribution was spot on...

No point in getting too excited about our league position, although we were singing "we're all going on a european tour', and "show me the way to Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AS Roma, Wave goodbye to Aston Villa, The Champions League awaits for me!" on Wednesday.

Not so much Saturday though!!!

As soon as the current team gets split up we're going to fall if we don't keep replace them with quality.

We play as a team not a bunch of 11 players and thats our strength really...

Guest Billy Whitehurst

Done well though, have enough in the tank to attack, which is usually the problem for promoted teams, they dont have creativity or goalscorers.

Think you've a few championship defenders though, and a piss poor keeper. (Sonko & Hahnemann need replacing asap)

Those are things you can rectify in the xmas window, or even better the summer with another £12m in the bank for staying in the division.

Good that your not taking your league position for granted (unlike Pardew who wins two games and thinks there on course for Europe, look at them now) , and not getting carried away, keep doing this and you'll easy stay up.

At least they only have a few championship defenders. All of ours are.