Arsenal: Young, gifted and English?

Delima

if you call offering 3million for a player who left for 19million 'interested'

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Keep digging son, this is class.

:lol: im enjoying being your wum

By repeatedly being proven wrong? Unusual approach you have there.  :lol:

Thought it was well known that Wenger bid for Carrick, the inaccuracy with the Sun was the figure, £1.5m not £3m.  Pompey bid £3m and Wenger lost interest at that price.  Spurs bid £2.75m which was accepted when Carrick said he would not move to Pompey.

Going back to the original subject, the number of former Arsenal Academy players who successfully earn a living in the premiership with other clubs surely is testimony to their ability to find young (mainly English) talent and nurture it through the development phase.  The fact that most are released to prosper elsewhere is because they fall just short of the high standards required for the club, not because they are not good enough for the premiership.  I have the greatest admiration of the way their Academy is run, without question, the best in England imho.

Thought it was well known that Wenger bid for Carrick, the inaccuracy with the Sun was the figure, £1.5m not £3m.  Pompey bid £3m and Wenger lost interest at that price.  Spurs bid £2.75m which was accepted when Carrick said he would not move to Pompey.

ah sorry i didn't read the article alex was refering to, so Wenger was interested when he was at West Ham, not tottenham as i stated

ah sorry i didn't read the article alex was refering to, so Wenger was interested when he was at West Ham, not tottenham as i stated

That's right, never any enquiry while Carrick was at Spurs other than ManU.

Persistent rumours that NRC has been lined up for a move to the scum in the summer.  Whether that materialises now that Curbs is there imho is doubtful.

Aye, and you've been wrong all along.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1778_1480501,00.html

According to Carrick, note the use of the word 'interested'.  :lol:

so you've been looking all this time and you still can't find a quote from Wenger  :lol:

No, both those were on the first page on Google.

Seems you were wrong about Reo-Coker too.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1859252,00.html

You're doing well in this thread like. Keep going.

how was i wrong? if you read what i said and then look for quotes you will see i am right on both occasions,

go on find quotes

But he was interested in signing him, even if he didn't utter those exact words. I'm more inclined to believe the Independent and Michael Carrick than I am you.

fair enough, you believe newspapers

Where do you get your info from again?

That's the first time you've stated that you were only referring to his time at Spurs in this thread though. Changing your story after the event tbh. As for not believing newspapers, who do you claim to work for again?  tongue.gif :lol:

That's the first time you've stated that you were only referring to his time at Spurs in this thread though. Changing your story after the event tbh. As for not believing newspapers, who do you claim to work for again?  tongue.gif :lol:

Hi Alan Oliver here from the Chronicle

p.s. i thought i was obvious we were talking about when he left spurs

Why? No one else mentioned that apart from you and only after you'd been proven wrong.

Why? No one else mentioned that apart from you and only after you'd been proven wrong.

:lol:

Who else mentioned the little caveat you subsequently added in after I provided the quotes you asked for then?

Who else mentioned the little caveat you subsequently added in after I provided the quotes you asked for then?

you didn't provide quotes from Wenger which was what i said :lol:

I did tbh, unless being interested in signing a player is in some way different to wanting to sign a player. Which it clearly isn't.

Guest Knightrider

I think the exaggerated fees British players command is the biggest obstacle to clubs buying them. Nowt else. Any good young player in this country goes for manic prices. Micah Richards will cost you more than Gallas, a world-class experienced defender. Lower the prices and teams like Arsenal will feature more British players.

I did tbh, unless being interested in signing a player is in some way different to wanting to sign a player. Which it clearly isn't.

that was when he was at west ham for 3m not when he was at tottenham for 19m

:lol: What a fuckwit. I never said it wasn't did I?

:lol: What a fuckwit. I never said it wasn't did I?

:lol: What a fuckwit. but thats what we were talking about

I'm prepared to let others be the judge in this thread to be honest. Run one of your polls if you like  tongue.gif

i prefer yours tbh

My what? Assuming you're making sense for once.