butts passing

womblemaster

motd highlights made it look impressive.  the pass to milner for the cross was pin point.

did the beeb flatter his performance today, or was he passing well during the game as a whole?

seems to have grown in stature for us these few weeks;  has his confidence back which is good news for us. 

Perhaps hes got over his fall from manu grace attitude problem!

Hes certainly been very useful for us this season.

He gave the ball away in typical sloppy fashion a number of times. Hes got the right ideas, but its unfortunate that he has little ability on the ball.

A number of players did the same thing too, just kept giving the ball away with dire passes that went straight out of play, or to the opposition. Ramage, Huntington, Given were the main culprits, whilst Milner spent the entire first half breaking down as many team moves as he could. The lad needs to warm up before games, because he seems to consistently spend the first 50mins of a game being unable to control a ball, repeatedly taking on the opposition fullback and failing miserably, putting in sloppy cross after sloppy cross, but eventually getting some joy in the latter stages of the match.

motd highlights made it look impressive.  the pass to milner for the cross was pin point.

did the beeb flatter his performance today, or was he passing well during the game as a whole?

seems to have grown in stature for us these few weeks;  has his confidence back which is good news for us. 

Perhaps hes got over his fall from manu grace attitude problem!

Hes certainly been very useful for us this season.

I think his problem was more to do with Souness, tbh. He'd spent his career at a club with a decent manager, albeit a hard manager Fergie is probably a fair bloke. Butt then signed for Bobby Robson, another top man-manager. I've no doubt at all he realised very early that Souness was a bullying shit. That's when the problems all began.

I heard last summer that privately he was saying how much he wanted to make it work at NUFC and he was prepared to work at it.

All credit to the bloke to be honest  - he's certainly changed my opinion of him. The adage is, "never sign a payer from Man Utd", and until recently I would have agreed with this.

I'm hoping Roeder continues to select him whilst on form, rather than just bring Parker back in as that would send out the wrong signal to everyone at the club. For once I think we might have a manager who does back up saying that 'the in form player gets the shirt' with his actions. other recent managers (Keegan, Robson, Souness) have said that but then tended to play their favourite/perceived first choice players when fit no matter how well the 'stand-in' has performed.

He gave the ball away in typical sloppy fashion a number of times. Hes got the right ideas, but its unfortunate that he has little ability on the ball.

A number of players did the same thing too, just kept giving the ball away with dire passes that went straight out of play, or to the opposition. Ramage, Huntington, Given were the main culprits, whilst Milner spent the entire first half breaking down as many team moves as he could. The lad needs to warm up before games, because he seems to consistently spend the first 50mins of a game being unable to control a ball, repeatedly taking on the opposition fullback and failing miserably, putting in sloppy cross after sloppy cross, but eventually getting some joy in the latter stages of the match.

The thread is about Butt, not your hero.

I heard last summer that privately he was saying how much he wanted to make it work at NUFC and he was prepared to work at it.

All credit to the bloke to be honest - he's certainly changed my opinion of him. The adage is, "never sign a payer from Man Utd", and until recently I would have agreed with this.

I'm hoping Roeder continues to select him whilst on form, rather than just bring Parker back in as that would send out the wrong signal to everyone at the club. For once I think we might have a manager who does back up saying that 'the in form player gets the shirt' with his actions. other recent managers (Keegan, Robson, Souness) have said that but then tended to play their favourite/perceived first choice players when fit no matter how well the 'stand-in' has performed.

:thup:

Couldnt agree more, If Roeder picks Parker over Butt i will lose respect for the bloke. Butt has been outstanding.

All credit to the bloke to be honest - he's certainly changed my opinion of him. The adage is, "never sign a payer from Man Utd", and until recently I would have agreed with this.

:thup:

Couldnt agree more, If Roeder picks Parker over Butt i will lose respect for the bloke. Butt has been outstanding.

Agreed. He's made a rod though by making a poor player the team captain.

The thread is about Butt, not your hero.

Care to explain who my hero is?