Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I honestly think they will drag it on for as long as possible in the hope they walk away.

They're not going to walk away this theory that the Premier League are dragging it for this purpose is mental

It’s as believable as any other of the theories going round.

Given the scenes in Liverpool the other night I’d imagine if this does go through the timing of the announcement will be factored in.

Naaaahh.. that's just another useless excuse for the PL to drag it on longer. Fans will gather regardless of when it's announced. PL can't do anything about that so they can't use such excuse. In April and May maybe but not now.

Like I said.

Newcastle fans need constant positive reinforcement

I think we have been incredibly patient, can you see the Man U or Liverpool fans being as patient as us?

Would be interesting to see what sort of support either of them would get if they went 50 years without a trophy.

Liverpools crowds dropped to mid 30,000s under Roy Hodgson when they were mid table and mid 20s under Souness for certain games. Can't believe some of the s**** I've been reading about them lately. 30 years of hurt apparently? In that time they've probably scooped around 15 trophies.

Weren’t those attendances under Hodgson organised boycotts though?

Yes and under Souness they had the Kop closed while it was made to conform to safety requirements for being an all-seater.

The capacity never dropped anywhere near as low as 24k though. The "boycott" under Hodgson was to do with the fact that they'd slipped into the bottom half of the table. There was no organised boycott as such, just fans not turning up because they were crap (by their standards).

Guest godzilla

I honestly think they will drag it on for as long as possible in the hope they walk away.

They're not going to walk away this theory that the Premier League are dragging it for this purpose is mental

Bollocks is it

I don't agree to be honest.

I don't care how much money they have, I can't believe that the buyers will just walk away and lose their deposit because they got fed up of waiting.

I don't agree to be honest.

I don't care how much money they have, I can't believe that the buyers will just walk away and lose their deposit because they got fed up of waiting.

They wouldn’t give Qatar the pleasure of just walking away.

Bollocks is it

Don’t care either way, I genuinely don’t care what the decision is anymore either, I’ve lost all enthusiasm for the takeover, and if it falls through will be no worse off than I have been with regards to the club the last few years.

Souness was gone before the Kop was pulled down and rebuilt.

May 94 against Norwich was the final game in front of the original Kop. Souness was sacked after they got beat at home by Bristol City in January.

By sheer chance I happened to watch that May94 Match of the Day earlier this week.

Liverpool v Sheffield United 28/10/92         17,856 (PL)                  <  we were getting 30k a division below

Liverpool v Crystal Palace 1/12/92 18,525                        <

Liverpool v QPR         8/12/93 24,561                       

Liverpool v Coventry 14/3/95 27,183

Souness was gone before the Kop was pulled down and rebuilt.

May 94 against Norwich was the final game in front of the original Kop. Souness was sacked after they got beat at home by Bristol City in January.

By sheer chance I happened to watch that May94 Match of the Day earlier this week.

At about 10years ago - NUFC and Man United were the only PL clubs never to have a gate below 20k and neither's had a gate below 30k.

Liverpool v Sheffield United 28/10/92         17,856 (PL)                  <  we were getting 30k a division below

Liverpool v Crystal Palace 1/12/92 18,525                        <

Liverpool v QPR         8/12/93 24,561                        <

Liverpool v Coventry 14/3/95 27,183

At the time of the 74 cup final we had won the same amount of trophies as Liverpool 15 I think. How our fortunes have travelled in different directions. Pre Shankly Liverpool regularly got 20k gates.

If this takeover goes through I think people underestimate how massive we would become. In terms of fan base we’d be on a different level to Man City.

This takeover could be a massive moment in our history, we just need it to go our fu#%ing way for once.

Yeah think Michael Martin mentioned about us becoming the club of the north, which is possible. The north east apart from Sunderland and northeastern Durham should/should one day be almost completely black and white. Also possibly Cumbria and the Scottish Borders.

Bollocks is it

Don’t care either way, I genuinely don’t care what the decision is anymore either, I’ve lost all enthusiasm for the takeover, and if it falls through will be no worse off than I have been with regards to the club the last few years.

Wey of course you do man :lol:

This. The Prem have played a blinder. Saudis/Ashley will get frustrated and pull out, and Masters doesn't take the blame. Win win.

Christ man the Saudi's aren't going to pull out and lose 17million on top of allowing Qatar to get what they want, just because it's took longer than expected......and Ashley can't pull out. 

This. The Prem have played a blinder. Saudis/Ashley will get frustrated and pull out, and Masters doesn't take the blame. Win win.

I’m amazed Ashley hasn’t just said f*** this( he can’t apparently).Hes said nothing , it’s way out of character, there’s an amount of truth in the above as on the face of it there’s no need for a decision not to have been made by now, totally switched off now from this.

Dude, go to bed.

Christ man the Saudi's aren't going to pull out and lose 17million on top of allowing Qatar to get what they want, just because it's took longer than expected......and Ashley can't pull out.

Of course they won't pull out. They'll never bow to Qatar pressure, if anything it will make them more determined to make it work once in. This is just fuel on the fire, they'll go all out imo, take advantage of the deflated market and bring in some great talent to get us going again. Also the amount of effort they have put in to piracy, for outsides to influence their kingdom and them to react quickly is a sure sign they are very serious to see it through. As if they'd walk away after all this.