Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It looks like it was registered for 25 years in 1997 but it was updated yesterday. But wouldn't the registration details be NUFC as a company rather than someone in specific?

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 25-Aug-1997

Expiry date: 25-Aug-2022

Last updated: 27-Jun-2020

You cant register a website for a 25 year period  :lol:

The registrants details can be a company or a person yes - but its under a 'privacy screen' so we dont know. have a look at ashleys nufcdirect website - its clearly states the owner is sports direct.

I actually believe that Masters has been e mailing the wrong account after seeing how incompetent the bloke is the last 13 weeks.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8467119/Newcastles-Saudi-buyers-cause-anger-wrong-email-address-claims.html

Could be the reason for the delay

It's become a p!55!ng contest

That’s just another rehash of last weeks news

Yip just Hopes article rehashed, but quite amusing that Saudis are saying they were e mailing wrong account.

You couldn’t make this shit up, I’m convinced this will be turned into a movie.

One journalists funeral and some piracy

The other 2 parties shares in this are minority and are not part of the test (what I heard at the start, not sure of anything anymore)

The Reubens and Staveley have to be part of the test, as they are going to own, and run, the club!!

If probably come from here:

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/financial-regulation/owners-and-directors-test-useful-guide.ashx

Who does the Test apply to?

The Test applies to any person that is defined as an Officer of a club and includes any person

operating the powers that are usually associated with those of:

• a director of a company incorporated under the Companies Act; or

• direct or indirect control over a Club including a shareholding of 30% or more; or

• an officer of an Industrial & Provident Society; or

• a Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer of a Club that is an unincorporated association.

Whether any of the rest applies to them I’m not sure. Based only on their stake they wouldn’t need testing, so possibly badly interpreted from the person who wrote the article.

What's the latest fellas?

Nothing new in any way shape or form

Except for the website,

What has actually changed on the website?

Nothing on the website itself - but the domain information was updated yesterday as per the discussion above.

Guest Howaythetoon

Took FSG 60 days to complete the takeover of Liverpool.

So two months roughly and at a time without all that the PL is having to deal with in terms of Restart and of course the world with Covid-19. That and issues over piracy/human rights/letters from widows...

It’s gonna be done very soon and probably already is in terms of the test. I doubt the PL will release any statement of their own over this other than some follow-up generic statement once the new owners have officially announced/released their own statements.

That doesn't make any sense.

“Subject to” & “pending” are the same fucking thing. Are they not? :lol:

:lol: Might as well have chucked an 'imminently' in there for good measure.

I'd say that "subject to" means reliant upon somthing that may or may not happen and "pending" means waiting for something that is going to happen.

I....suppose. The “pending” insinuates the something happening as well. It’s a blanket nothing statement regardless.

:lol: such a mess.

I don't know how to interpret that tweet. Clearly suggests that things are still ongoing but for some reason but I'm reading the last sentence in a negative context.

Documents moved around sounds like something official being signed.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its happening tomorrow or Tuesday isnt it.

I only want it to happen if it’s going to be on a Friday (any Friday) at 3.00pm otherwise I’d rather stick with Ashley.

I don't know how to interpret that tweet. Clearly suggests that things are still ongoing but for some reason but I'm reading the last sentence in a negative context.

Don't think he meant it as a negative regarding the decision. 

But that the PL will have to explain why it's taken them so long.