controversial decisions today

nazza06

controversy today.

Heskey- definately onside, Carvalho was still intervering with play.

2 penalties in Arsenal blackburn game- definately no peno for blackburn, pathetic dive from Bentley, No peno against van persie for me, definate dive and i think the ref thought so too after making the decision because he gave a yellow card to the last man :confused:

I thought Carvalho wasn't active as he was off the pitch, making Heskey offside.

but he was intending to come back onto the pitch to win the ball, he is still involved in play. So what if heskey had been off the pitch too and the ball cam in and he stuck a foot onto the pitch and knocked it in?

I thought Carvalho wasn't active as he was off the pitch, making Heskey offside.

but he was intending to come back onto the pitch to win the ball, he is still involved in play. So what if heskey had been off the pitch too and the ball cam in and he stuck a foot onto the pitch and knocked it in?

To win the ball? He wasn't anywhere near close enough to get to Heskey.

To win the ball? He wasn't anywhere near close enough to get to Heskey.

he was still moving towards heskey. From what your saying then when a player goes off the pitch he becomes inavtive in play and therefore he should need the referee's permission to go back onto the pitch.

He doesn't need the ref's permission to come back on in that circumstance. But if he's off the field of play I thought he was then inactive, making Heskey offside. That's just what I thought the rule was.

He doesn't need the ref's permission to come back on in that circumstance. But if he's off the field of play I thought he was then inactive, making Heskey offside. That's just what I thought the rule was.

that contradicts itself. What would you say if a player walked off the pitch to make another offside? would he then become inactive?

agree for both of those nazza. barton, had he made real contact, would have been a red...but he sorta missed. and diouf pretty much made a dummy run to let anelka in.