Three rumours from the People - Reo-Coker, Carew and Crouch

stozo

Carew has been great for Norway the last few matches he has played. I didnt like him before, but he seems to be a class player now. I would worry about  his injuries, Think if he came to england he would be up there with Iversen and Solskjaer on the injury list.  Thats the problem with Norwegian player who comes to England, they are way to much injured. I think it is because they are not use to the amount of training, in norway we only play football for 2-3 months, with a summer brake in the midle of the season.

I would easily take carew on a loan deal, we dont need another injured player tbh.

Roeder cool on Carew talk

By Alex Livie -  Created on 26 Dec 2006

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has poured cold water on reports linking him with a January move for Lyon striker John Carew.

Roeder is set to bolster his strikeforce in the January window, having lost Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi to long-term injuries.

Obafemi Martins has proved his quality in recent weeks, but Roeder is eager to take some of the attacking pressure off the shoulders of the Nigerian and reports suggested he was planning a raid on the French champions for Carew.

Roeder has revealed that he is close friends with Lyon chief Gerard Houllier and he has never spoken to the Frenchman about his forward.

"One of my best friends in football management is Gerard Houllier at Lyon and if I was interested in signing John Carew, he would have been the first one I would have talked to," stated Roeder.

"Well, I have not talked to Gerard because I am not interested in Carew."

Would take Carew but cannot see Lyon selling and can't see Carew wanting to leave a team that has an outside chance at the Champions League!

Liverpool will not sell Crouch given that they have't got great options upfront if this does happen it would be in the summer window.

The Parker thing is just and easy story to put togther and getting West Ham fans all excited.