Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

A door-opening AM like Maddison certainly offers something we don't have. If we are increasingly looking at playing against 10 men behind the ball, then yes, he could be very useful.

(still salivating at the prospect of Maxi, Isak, and Trippier at RM at the same time to be honest)

29 minutes ago, teohgk said:

Seriously doubt Leicester will sell Maddison in Jan unless we offer some crazy money which we won't, he's vital for their relegation fight

Yeah, I think the best chance was in the summer or next summer

34 minutes ago, teohgk said:

Seriously doubt Leicester will sell Maddison in Jan unless we offer some crazy money which we won't, he's vital for their relegation fight

They're not in a relegation fight imo. They're streets ahead of Bournemouth, Forest, Villa, Everton & Wolves. They'll leapfrog Leeds and Palace soon.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

They're not in a relegation fight imo. They're streets ahead of Bournemouth, Forest, Villa, Everton & Wolves. They'll leapfrog Leeds and Palace soon.

There's only 6 point between the 10th place and the bottom place. I don't think they will be safely out of any relegation threat in Jan, Maddison is literally the reason they're better than those teams you mentioned , they would be ridiculously dumb to sell him in Jan unless for some crazy money 

The only hope we have is that Leicester need to sell to buy, and that they can cash Maddison and Tielemans in for maximum return in January. I wouldn't mind either, and I feel that at least one of the two will be sold in January.

3 minutes ago, Klaus said:

The owners will see we are on the cusp of getting into Europe (ahead of schedule) and will give us whatever we need to get that top 6 finish. Only FFP can hold us back.

I wonder how much we can spend in Jan within FFP, anyone got an idea on the amount?

Nice to see a club like Leicester sticking by Rodger’s tbh. It seems customary to can a manager at the first sign of trouble despite what they’ve done for the club. Rodger’s has had a very good few seasons with them and I’m happy he’s been given the chance to turn their form around.

Hope they’re stupid enough to sell us Ndidi though….

7 hours ago, teohgk said:

If the player wants to go he'll go.

Really bummed about Krafth’s knee injury, like. Would be nice to have him playing backup for Trips. Manquillo is a gifted player who came on pretty damn well last season before Targett came in but he’s so woefully injury prone and rusty right now. 

Jan for me:

1. Backup RB

2. Attacking mid

3. Holding mid 

Just now, Rafalove said:

Do we need a back up rb? I like the two we have.

We won’t see Krafth until next season. Manquillo is really often injured and been said he could be away in Jan. 

3 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

In theory could a player be signed during the WC break, train with the squad but not play until January? If the selling club is willing we have the opportunity to give new signings a mini preseason and get up to speed quicker

It would never happen 

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Do we need a back up rb? I like the two we have.

Manq has barely played this season, not sure we can rely on him being fit. Could really do with a right back to rotate in otherwise Trippier is going to have play close to 50 games this season if England go far and he's going down injured every game at the moment

4 hours ago, Klaus said:

The owners will see we are on the cusp of getting into Europe (ahead of schedule) and will give us whatever we need to get that top 6 finish. Only FFP can hold us back.

I actually disagree with this, I dont think the initial plan for January will have changed much if at all due to where we are in the league. 

I dont expect Howe will want to bring in extra numbers in the hope of staying where we are, so much of his philosophy seems to be heavily structured around squad harmony/man management and we've seen the evidence of how good he is at this (Miggy being the latest example). Imo its a risk to go out and sign 3/4 extra players and expect them to bed in the squad quickly in January more so when you consider our current league position, the team flying in the league might not make it any easier to get them gelling in decent time.. as we know more good players does not always equal a higher league finish. Getting the balance right will be very important on keeping up this momentum.

What I think will change though is some of the targets we were looking at, we might be aiming a bit higher than we were during the summer now.. I do think we will go back for in Maddison though. 

Edited by Nine