Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Doesn’t he already qualify for a work permit? Hence why we delayed the deal until after the last international break?

Don’t think so, hence all the talk of a loan to Portugal. If he plays a lot in the WC then that changes and he would probably qualify for one. 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

I dont think where we are in the table will change the transfer strategy, they seem very rigid on their plans going forward concerning transfers and wage structure etc. 

we don’t truly know what that is. They seem fluid and dynamic to circumstantial change, and prepared to grasp opportunities as they see fit. But yes, they have a structure, one they can adjust if it suits :indi:

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

we don’t truly know what that is. They seem fluid and dynamic to circumstantial change, and prepared to grasp opportunities as they see fit. But yes, they have a structure, one they can adjust if it suits :indi:

Plans changed due to Wilsons injury indeed, just not sure the same will apply when we are doing as well as we are with the current squad as Howe is so big on squad harmony and I doubt will want to bring in more players than planned. But who knows, still expect us to sign 1/2 in Jan. 

Edited by Nine

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

I dont think where we are in the table will change the transfer strategy, they seem very rigid on their plans going forward concerning transfers and wage structure etc. 

I think it'll make a huge difference - top 4 wouldn't have been the target at the start of the season. Come Jan if we're still there I think there'll be a change in strategy to try and keep us there.

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

There is/was some confusion over it, I think it’s listed to expire summer 2023 but there is an option to extend I think.

Yeah, option by the club, so it’s basically until 2024

https://theathletic.com/3640491/2022/09/29/brighton-trossard-macallister-contract/

“Belgium forward Trossard and Argentina midfielder Mac Allister currently have deals which expire in June 2024.

Those deals including one-year options for the club, as previously reported by The Athletic, but both players could now be set for an extended stay.”

At this stage, I'd say it's pretty easy to rule our which players we aren't interested in.

Playing for a top European side already

Likely on wages higher than 100k

Likely to cost more than 50m

Aged over 29/30

It was different last January, when we needed experienced players. We will be in the market for young, hungry players who are ready take a step up from a Levekusen, Lyon or a Lille.

It's a mad situation but anyone we sign is going to have to be pretty good to dislodge any of our current starting XI. I'm not even sure where Isak is going to fit in when he's back.

I guess I need to get away from thinking about a "Starting XI" - which for a number of years was a few nailed-on starters and 8-9 who I thought very little of and didn't care whether they played or not.

If we're going to compete on multiple fronts we really need 18-20 players who are all good enough to start, plus 5-7 squad players who you wouldn't want to rely on but are good enough to come in during cup games or cover short-term injury/suspension. 

15 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm not even sure where Isak is going to fit in when he's back.

Bruno    Maddison 
Diaby                                      ASM

Isak

Wilson

:coolsmiley:

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Bruno    Maddison 
Diaby                                      ASM

Isak

Wilson

:coolsmiley:

No way ASM is starting ahead of Joelinton. 

Next signing is so important in terms of not upsetting the balance.

My concern isn’t so much about our starting 11 anymore, it’s more about how we could cope with certain players getting injured, Trippier for 1.. and then Bruno, you just can’t replace them from what we have currently.