Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability: Forest unsuccessful in appeal against four-point deduction

Mattoon

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

No, it's all based on amortisation. Tonali adds £11m to this season's player amortisation, not £55m (or whatever the actual numbers are). Then you also add his wages of ~£7m. So, roughly speaking, he added £18m in total on the cost side for this season and the next four afterwards.

OK, thanks. So at least the costs are worked out the same way as the current PSR, they're just doing it 85% per season rather than £105m losses per 3 years.

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

OK, thanks. So at least the costs are worked out the same way as the current PSR, they're just doing it 85% per season rather than £105m losses per 3 years.

That's if they just switch from one to the other. UEFA has versions of both.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Let alone NUFC, who have consistently messaged that they will remain within FFP rules.  At some point the message will become clear.

I also don’t think that everyone has quite sussed what PIF is - this isn’t a Man City / PSG style takeover being blocked by perfidious forces in UEFA or the PL.  There isn’t an unlimited funding bucket,  and KSA isn’t a tiny city state - it’s a decent sized country, and this is a sovereign wealth fund.  They’re unlikely to be looking to spunk billions on NUFC.  It’s an investment, not a vanity project.  

With Saudi Arabia there's always going to be some element of a vanity project. They won't want to be some type of also rans, if the club is associated with them, they'll want to win stuff.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Nick De Marco brings FFP / FMV crashing down 

He is representing Nottingham Forest in their Appeal v Premier league points deduction for breaching FFP

Sure I read something about him thinking it was all anti competitive 

Sure he is working his magic in the background 

Kieran Maguire has said Villa are about to post a record loss of £138 million soon, they have already reported this to UEFA.

It will be one of the biggest losses of any European team for last year.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

With Saudi Arabia there's always going to be some element of a vanity project. They won't want to be some type of also rans, if the club is associated with them, they'll want to win stuff.

You had the Chairman saying exactly what PIFs target is - to be the number 1 team in the world. You're not going to get there without huge spending over a period of time. At the moment they are building within the rules by increasing revenue year by year. We will see new sponsorship/commercial deals this year. Medium to long term we will see a new training complex and I'm still convinced a new stadium. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Nick De Marco brings FFP / FMV crashing down 

He is representing Nottingham Forest in their Appeal v Premier league points deduction for breaching FFP

Sure I read something about him thinking it was all anti competitive 

Sure he is working his magic in the background 

Here you go.

https://x.com/nickdemarco_/status/1735644167521341793?s=61&t=Yt8DTJJ-7Jh_ndgpdGSFKQ

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Agreed re an element of vanity, but this is still a different beast.  This doesn’t mean that I don’t believe that they’re aiming high; but I don’t think it will be by just directly chucking money at it

41 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You had the Chairman saying exactly what PIFs target is - to be the number 1 team in the world. You're not going to get there without huge spending over a period of time. At the moment they are building within the rules by increasing revenue year by year. We will see new sponsorship/commercial deals this year. Medium to long term we will see a new training complex and I'm still convinced a new stadium. 

True, and I think the likeliest large direct cash input by PIF would be a new ground.  I don’t think they’re simply going to pour money in directly generally - that doesn’t mean they’re not aiming to be number 1; the money is far more likely to be coming from more ‘indirect’ sources

2 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Kieran Maguire has said Villa are about to post a record loss of £138 million soon, they have already reported this to UEFA.

It will be one of the biggest losses of any European team for last year.

It just doesn't seem right to me from a sport or entertainment point of view that they'd have been fine if they'd just muddled around in midtable showing no ambition at all.

4 hours ago, wormy said:

Interesting to see how long it took for Blackburn to drop off that list.

Certainly contradicts the recent rewriting of history pushed by Shearer amongst others that Blackburn did a Leicester.

2 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Certainly contradicts the recent rewriting of history pushed by Shearer amongst others that Blackburn did a Leicester.

They very clearly didn’t. They both spent more relative to others and had less competition.

Merse just saying on GSS that the rules have to change - their purpose is to keep the top three at the top and not allow anyone to catch them.

Edit. I mean it's the 'top six', but you have to remember that Merse can't count. 󠀠

Edited by DahnSahf

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

They’ve voted with the majority every time which makes these comments contradictory surely.

Them and Villa abstained at the PL meeting early last month re more onerous rules. Had one of them voted against the new rules wouldn’t have been passed.

12 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Them and Villa abstained at the PL meeting early last month re more onerous rules. Had one of them voted against the new rules wouldn’t have been passed.

Which is fucking ridiculous why would Villa abstain in their situation. 

23 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

They have only starting to change their minds on things now that they have acquired land needed for their new £100m stand in the last few weeks.

Everton - Pts deduction (with another coming)

Forest - pts deduction (because they didn't bow down and sell their star player on the cheap by a specific date)

Citeh - so many charges they cant charge them

Chelsea  - massively foul and only time till they are done.

Villa - have to sell to stay with ffp for daring to show an ounce of ambition

NUFC - Owned by the richest company in the world and couldn't sign a single player during their worst injury crisis since records began

Wolves - Skirting around the edges of a breach, couldn't sign players.

Add the likes of Palace now saying they can't sign players, surely someone needs to pull the rug from under FFP before it ruins the sport any further.